• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front door speakers

johnnyc

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Kejtar and I recently swapped some 97 front doors onto my 96. I put my Alpine 5.25" speakers in the doors (had to drill new holes, as the new doors take 6.5" speakers).

The power windows would not go all the way down since they were hitting the speakers. I took the driver's side speaker out, so that the window can go all the way down.

I need to get some new 5.25" or 6.5" speakers that are less than 2" in depth. What are you guys running in your 97+ XJs? And yes, I've checked Crutchfield.

5.25 Alpine two ways in my 92. They sound great for fast, low bass punk rock.

Thanks, but the question was about 97+ doors. My Alpines worked fine in my 96 doors, but not in my new doors. And I would rather not cut up the door panels.

Dvipercop said:
Well I don't have 97+ doors, but I do highly recommend JBL speakers. They just happen to make a 6.5" speaker with a mounting depth of 1-15/16th". Bit on the pricy side. I have their 5.25" Grand Touring Series and I have absolutely no complaints.

Here's the link to their 6.5" shallow mount...

http://www.jbl.com/car/products/pro...EL&ser=POS&language=ENG&country=US&region=USA

Thanks, that was the kind of response I was looking for. But that price!! Wow! :laugh3:

I have 52.7i Infinity Kappas in my '01.

Thanks guys. I'll check out the Infinity and Boston Acoustics.

Back