• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Bumper Build

menos

NAXJA Forum User
Ok... Ok.... It's not a full tube chassis buggy, but it is my first real attempt at fabricating something like this.

These are the basic plans I've worked up.

I'm basically using 3x4 angle for the main structure with some 1/4 plate for the mounts and reinforcing.

Comments?

1.jpg 2.jpg

Looking good. Man I never was technologically advanced enough to be able to draw the stuff I wanna fab out on a computer. LOL Fabbing stuff up really isn't too hard once you get the basic skills down. Nothing to it, but to do it. The only way to get good at it, is practice as much as you can.

Last edited:
Looks good. Kinda looks like the one I built, but I didn't have a 3D CAD program to do a mock-up of mine.

Built it over the weekend. Forgot to take pics till I was almost done. I've got it pulled off right now since I've got a few more things to do to it. I've still got to mount up the receiver and add some more gussets.

I'll try to take some more pics this week as I finish it up.

IMAG0137.jpg IMAG0139.jpg

Almost done. Just gotta let the paint dry then I'll hang it later this week.

IMAG0155.jpg

Grand total $ = 0

Everything came from the scrap pile.

Main structure is 3/8 3x4 angle. Mounting plates are 3/8 also. D-Ring tabs are 4x6x1 with one of the bumper mounting bolts going through. Plenty of gussets so I hope this thing is strong enough. :)

Back