• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Bump Stops

anotherjeff

NAXJA Forum User
I've been working on my HP D30 (that I got from Zacsquatch last summer), and I really wanted to add some type of inexpensive extended bumpstop. I'd read about the using hockey pucks, but the only ones I could find here were at Sports Authority and they were 3.99 each.

So this is what I came up with. I found a local plastic supplier and he hooked me up on a couple of 3" soild round industrial poly blocks, he even cut them to lenght. I drilled a hole in the center and countersunk a 3/8" socket head bolt and added a flat washer and locknut to the bottom. Total cost $16.54.

SANY0271.jpg

Got the same setup on mine. Be aware that you may have some clearance issues between the top, front edge of the bumpstop and the coil spring.

theoriginalscion said:
Might want to swap out the Low Pinon diff cover for a high pinon one. Fill hole is not in same location. Almost made that mistake last week doing a HP conversion myself.
Thats not a factory cover!

Hey would you mind sharing who the local plastic supplier is? I'm getting ready to re-do my lower bumps & have been looking for that same material.

anotherjeff said:
I've been working on my HP D30 (that I got from Zacsquatch last summer), and I really wanted to add some type of inexpensive extended bumpstop. I'd read about the using hockey pucks, but the only ones I could find here were at Sports Authority and they were 3.99 each.

So this is what I came up with. I found a local plastic supplier and he hooked me up on a couple of 3" soild round industrial poly blocks, he even cut them to lenght. I drilled a hole in the center and countersunk a 3/8" socket head bolt and added a flat washer and locknut to the bottom. Total cost $16.54.

SANY0271.jpg

Chris @ GATR said:
Hockey pucks can be found online all day for .99 cents each. I have a stack on my workbench.

yes, but i (like many others) would rather bolt 15 bucks worth of solid plastic than 6 bucks worth of stacked hokey pucks to my front axle. if nothing else than to not feel TOO redneck.

Chris @ GATR said:
Hockey pucks can be found online all day for .99 cents each. I have a stack on my workbench.

h2opete987 said:
yes, but i (like many others) would rather bolt 15 bucks worth of solid plastic than 6 bucks worth of stacked hokey pucks to my front axle. if nothing else than to not feel TOO redneck.

I would have used hockey pucks if I could have found them locally for .99 cents, but I'm kinda of diggin' the way the plastic looks. Plus who can argue with $15?

Last edited:
Back