• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Free Campers Please Read

XJosh95

NAXJA Forum User
To attempt to make this as simple as possible, we are going to have a map of the campground at the office. It will be big enough for everyone to see who is where. When you arrive, you will pick where you want to be based on electric and if you need a stone surface for your large unit. We will try to double up as much as we can to take advantage of the four persons per campsite.

It will be first come first serve for the most part. If you don't have a big rv please don't pic a campsite with stone. The earlier you arrive, the better it will be to have people you know camp with you. If you know who you want to camp with, then when you sign in for your site, sign them in as well and make sure they know you signed them in so that they can look for their name when they arrive.

We don't want to assign camping, we want this to be the best bang for the buck for the chapter, and we don't want to burn Dan and Matt out. If any of these points fail, it will be difficult to make it happen again. If it works well, it could be the poster child for free camping at all NAXJA events.

I would suggest that you try looking for camping partners. We understand that for some its just not going to work out to have four, so common sense will go a long way. Also having more than four if space allows (and this is very possible), is also something to look at...but more than six just get another site.

Dan and I will be checking in daily with the campground and they will have our cellphone numbers if there are any issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is what this big boi needs!!

Oh....I see you meant for a camper....

:greensmok

Ahahaha, i see what you did there.

Keeping this at the top.

Please ask now if you have any questions.

mac 'trying to keep this as simple as possible' gyvr

Since we are arriving Thursday PM, there will be a hard, level spot for us, right?
We wouldn't want every one to drive clear to Lafayette to register, would we?

I will be coming by myself, just the Jeep, maybe a trailer, maybe a tent... Anyone want to share a campsite let me know, I just need 1 outlet to run a heater...

Since we are arriving Thursday PM, there will be a hard, level spot for us, right?
We wouldn't want every one to drive clear to Lafayette to register, would we?

Sean, since I will be there Wednesday evening and will be shacking with you once you get there Thursday, do you want me to grab the spot up front where we/you were last year? I can pull through and "reserve" it when I get there Wednesday night and I will likely be sleeping (passing out) in the truck, and I will move it out of the way when you get there Thursday. With your truck and camper, my truck/trailer/Jeep we will have that spot filled up pretty quick. I can move my trailer somewhere else if needed too...but either way our vehicles/camper will have that spot full.

Mac or Dan, is this within teh rules of teh free camping or am I stepping on someones toes and not knowing it? If this is not right, please tell me.

Thanks.
Chzbtch

Sean, since I will be there Wednesday evening and will be shacking with you once you get there Thursday, do you want me to grab the spot up front where we/you were last year? I can pull through and "reserve" it when I get there Wednesday night and I will likely be sleeping (passing out) in the truck, and I will move it out of the way when you get there Thursday. With your truck and camper, my truck/trailer/Jeep we will have that spot filled up pretty quick. I can move my trailer somewhere else if needed too...but either way our vehicles/camper will have that spot full.

Mac or Dan, is this within teh rules of teh free camping or am I stepping on someones toes and not knowing it? If this is not right, please tell me.

Thanks.
Chzbtch

Reserve it on the sheet of paper in the office.

Also you, Tyler, can crash in the mobile club r suite Wednesday night if need be...I'm working on garage heat.

mac 'not camping near the big fire' gyvr

Thanks Mac, I will take you up on that. I was kind of dreading the PSD hotel, but if your offering I am accepting :D

Thanks Mac, I will take you up on that. I was kind of dreading the PSD hotel, but if your offering I am accepting :D

It will truely be...

Mac and Cheese

mac 'with a side of dan' gyvr

You guys watch out, if he's wearing that Snuggie!

With my extra large tent and my trailer I took up all of a campsite last time. I don't mind paying for camping to hog a whole site, but my question is will I have to camp on the other side of the campground, or can I fit in with the rest of the crew, and still pay for my own site?

Neal

Common sense is your best guide. If you use this, you will be on the same page as Matt and I.

Last year I had my pick up/camper, trailer, another truck/trailer/tent on one site, plus two jeeps.

Keep in mind that this is the first time we've done this, we don't have all the answers yet. If this goes smooth this year, it will certainly help make it happen next year.

With my extra large tent and my trailer I took up all of a campsite last time. I don't mind paying for camping to hog a whole site, but my question is will I have to camp on the other side of the campground, or can I fit in with the rest of the crew, and still pay for my own site?

Neal

I'm not sure which campsite you had to take up the entire thing with just a tent and jeep and trailer. Most will accommodate much more than that.

You're a member, it's free, we will make it work out as best we can.

mac 'buddy up 'gyvr

Back