• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Free Axle

jasunb

NAXJA Forum User
The coveted and rare Dana 35...

- thin axle tubes .... check
- weak shafts ....... check
- drum brakes ....... oh yeah!
- 3.55-1 ratio ....... check
- >200k miles ........ check!!!

act now and i'll throw in an anti-sway bar for free!

in all seriousness, i need this thing out of the garage, so if anyone wants it for any reason- come get it.

Thanks for reading.

No. i haven't heard from him. Hey, if i remember correctly, you said you had a SYE installed? What did you do there? after installing the 8.8 i'm getting some badness on the driveline.

he didn't? what a flake. SYE is really easy. just follow the provided instructions. I can come over and lend a hand any day of the week but I doubt you'll need any help. good flat head snap ring pliers are a must have. when you're done just take your drive shaft out of the front and install it in the rear. should fit

Last edited:
well if your friend ever wants the d35 or anyone else for that matter, it still sitting in my garage.

is your sye a hack and tap style? i've seen what you do with you xj. anything good enough for you will suit me just fine.

no I have a full SYE. I dont like the idea of the hack n tap. it just seems so jank to me but from what I hear it works great no one has problems with it. I went with a JB conversions SYE. takes a few weeks to ship but I like the company and products

full SYE replaces that housing and the entire tailshaft. just peace of mind for me. plus you get to check out the internals/chain/fork pads when you take it apart

Back