• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Four Wheeling/Trail superstitions

Before heavy runs a buddy of mine sprinkles a little Moab red dirt on everyone's hood. No major breakages every time he or I have done it.

ECKSJAY said:
Before heavy runs a buddy of mine sprinkles a little Moab red dirt on everyone's hood. No major breakages every time he or I have done it.
He makes great burgers, as well.

Kejtar said:
If he's talking about who I think he is, there is a George Forman grill involved ;)
untitled5bingo.jpg

A few that I have, one, never piss uphill two or into the wind, three never sit and eat lunch or dinner under a tree with alot of birds in it, Never take a dump in a blueberry patch, it's bad luck to wipe your butt with any leaves that are in threes and have redish green coloring. It's bad luck to keep food in your sleeping bag in bear country. Thats about all I can think of off hand...

sounds crazy, but has worked for me so far... Never bring the spare tire for the truck, because if you do, you WILL need it. The spare tire for the driver is okay, though.

zfinger said:
I dunno man, your better to need it and have it then to need it and be fat, lol.
That's right.
Because then you might have walk a long way to the spare.
Pant pant pant......

Never spend a month fixing crap before a trip...Everytime I look everything over before a hard trip I miss something and it breaks but if I leave everything alone and just run the trail nothing breaks.

Okie Terry said:
That's right.
Because then you might have walk a long way to the spare.
Pant pant pant......

That is still better than bringing one and then having to run after it.

Never say I made it through here the other day...
Never say one more time...
Never go out on any trail alone... no matter how easy the trail is..
Never say you have everything you need...

Back