• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Found - Ladywolf

Yucca-Man

NAXJA Member # 683
Just heard from Kris tonight. She's back in the Endless Sandbox again; one month into a 15-month tour out (Fort Hood?). She's in Kuwait this time, and I forgot to ask if that's a reasonably permanent duty station or not.

Good news is that right now there's not much for her to do. Bad news is probably the same...she wanted me to say 'hi' to all y'all so there ya go!

Kris, keep your head down and your powder dry. Look forward to wheeling with you late next year, I suppose. :wave:

Jim www.yuccaman.com

Holy crap, what the hell kind of rotation do they have them on now. She was only back a few months and now she's back over.

RichP said:
Holy crap, what the hell kind of rotation do they have them on now. She was only back a few months and now she's back over.

She re-upped and part of her relocation was going to another unit...which was getting ready to deploy. ;)

RichP said:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If I recall though, the unit she was supposed to go to in Ft Lewis (edited to correct the base name) was supposed to be State-side for quite awhile. Of course, we all know the needs of the Army come first so it wouldn't surprise me that there were changes made.

Fifteen months though. Frack. She just got back, but that's the case with most of the guys and gals who go (and keep going). She better not get a star for that Purple Heart. Fifteen months in Osan, or Germany is fine. Fifteen months in the Giant Litterbox sux azz.

Whatcha need us to send, Kris?

Jim

Last edited:
Yucca-Man said:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If I recall though, the unit she was supposed to go to in Ft Hood was supposed to be State-side for quite awhile. Of course, we all know the needs of the Army come first so it wouldn't surprise me that there were changes made.

You miss what I posted above? ;)

She re-upped in order to get Ft Lewis, WA as her duty station...when she got to the new unit it was getting ready to deploy.

Nope, didn't miss whatcha said. At least at one point she was supposed to go to a unit that had just come back and wasn't due to go for awhile. Kinda dropped out for awhile though so I don't know what transpired; I was surprised to hear from her last night and hear that she was over there...again.

Changed my previous post - I keep thinking Ft Hood is in WA...because Mt Hood is up that way.

Yucca-Man said:
Nope, didn't miss whatcha said. At least at one point she was supposed to go to a unit that had just come back and wasn't due to go for awhile. Kinda dropped out for awhile though so I don't know what transpired; I was surprised to hear from her last night and hear that she was over there...again.

Oh, yeah...that little part. ;) Yeah that changed. Lodi-dodi, everybody. :)

Like that striker brigade they formed out of wash state, they totally skipped NTC and that training and most of that unit was newbie AIT grads, NO NTC and NO MOUT, just shipped em over, thats cold man.

Remember they reset all our mobilization clocks, both active and guard/reserve. Now there's talk of resetting again and going back to longer rotations.

On a side note, I may see Kris after the new year. The guard unit that I'm transfering to is deploying to Kuwait around that time.

Keep safe kris and any of our other xj brothers that are over there.

Back