• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fort Hood Shooting

I know, I know....just really angry right now. I hope he stands trial for what he did and I'm sure the punishment he receives will be the correct one. It happened in Texas, after all - and as Ron White says, "some states are trying to abolish the death penalty......my state's putting in an express lane...."

Yes, I realize this will go to a court martial (most likely)....and not a civilian court.

Firing Squad?

I don't think we need to even take him to trial to figure out he's guilty. There's no reason to spend money saving his life so that we can try him and kill him.
As far as torture goes, if we give in to that, we're no better than he is. The only time I could see a use for torture is in interrogation for quick information gathering, not for retribution. Although, I just may change my mind if the victim was someone close to me, or in the case of rape...

Sorry, I can't post here what I'd do to him if I worked in that hospital....

...but it involves a match and something flammable poured on his hospital bed....

I like your idea but I mine would involve the match, the gasoline and an enema bag.

Burn the Bas**rd up from the inside, nice painful "end"

:us:

Guilt isn't a question.

Islamic teachings aren't the reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the fellow a trained psycologist?
After listening to so many fellow soldiers and their problems, isn't it possible the guy came unhinged? He showed signs of instability before this happened.

VA Hospitals treat many cases of the physical and mental aspects of warfare. They treat people who have been trained to kill humans. This is their worse nightmare scenerio, a sick person with a gun who has been trained to kill.

Wouldn't it be better to find out why he came undone? Perhaps what they learn can help a soldier with simular issues, or even reduce rehab times for personas with PTSD?

As for punishment, he'll probably end up in the looney bin.

Ron

Guilt isn't a question.

Islamic teachings aren't the reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the fellow a trained psycologist?
After listening to so many fellow soldiers and their problems, isn't it possible the guy came unhinged? He showed signs of instability before this happened.

VA Hospitals treat many cases of the physical and mental aspects of warfare. They treat people who have been trained to kill humans. This is their worse nightmare scenerio, a sick person with a gun who has been trained to kill.

Wouldn't it be better to find out why he came undone? Perhaps what they learn can help a soldier with simular issues, or even reduce rehab times for personas with PTSD?

As for punishment, he'll probably end up in the looney bin.

Ron

x2. finally some one who isn't calling him a crazy Taliban terrorist!!

Lots of people want to blame his faith on the killings. I think it is an ignorant thing to do. People go crazy from all religions and creeds.

Guy had 10 years in the Army and still a major, IN THE MEDICAL CORPS, man he must have been passed over at least twice which basically screwed his career. Got moved out of the comfy Va area and sent to Hood in preparation for shipping out to the pointy end, freaked out, no out, can't even resign he owed to much to govt for the schooling. Used the terror angle to work up the courage to commit suicide by cop/soldier and even screwed that one up. Bet he really freaked out when he woke up to NO virgins and two or so steely eyed security types staring back at him :laugh3:

One of those 'Oh S*it' moments :laugh3:

Actually I think he'd spent 8 yrs enlisted before going Officer. Can't remember where I read that...

x2. finally some one who isn't calling him a crazy Taliban terrorist!!

Lots of people want to blame his faith on the killings. I think it is an ignorant thing to do. People go crazy from all religions and creeds.

Odd choice of words here.....ignorant.

The imam whom Major Hasan made contact with is an American citizen born in New Mexico to Yemeni parents. He wrote on Monday on his English-language Web site that Major Hasan was “a hero.” The cleric said, “He is a man of conscience who could not bear living the contradiction of being a Muslim and serving in an army that is fighting against his own people.”
Mr. Awlaki added, “The only way a Muslim could Islamically justify serving as a soldier in the US Army is if his intention is to follow the footsteps of men like Nidal.”

“Jihad does not end with the disappearance of a person. Jihad must continue regardless because it does not depend on any particular leader or individual… Jihad does not depend on any particular land. It is global. When the Muslim is in his land, he performs jihad… No borders or barriers stop it. The message cannot be conveyed without jihad. If a particular people or nation is classified as… ‘the people of war’ in the Shariah, that classification applies to them all over the earth. Islam cannot be customized to suit the conditions where you are, for instance Europe.”

Anwar al-Awlaki's "Constants on the Path of Jihad"

Extremist cleric Anwar al-Awlaki has just issued a new entry on his blog titled, "Nidal Hassan Did the Right Thing." Excerpts from the entry are reproduced in part below:
"Nidal Hassan is a hero. He is a man of conscience who could not bear living the contradiction of being a Muslim and serving in an army that is fighting against his own people. This is a contradiction that many Muslims brush aside and just pretend that it doesn’t exist. Any decent Muslim cannot live, understanding properly his duties towards his Creator and his fellow Muslims, and yet serve as a US soldier. The US is leading the war against terrorism which in reality is a war against Islam. Its army is directly invading two Muslim countries and indirectly occupying the rest through its stooges. Nidal opened fire on soldiers who were on their way to be deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. How can there be any dispute about the virtue of what he has done? In fact the only way a Muslim could Islamically justify serving as a soldier in the US army is if his intention is to follow the footsteps of men like Nidal. The heroic act of brother Nidal also shows the dilemma of the Muslim American community. Increasingly they are being cornered into taking stances that would either make them betray Islam or betray their nation. Many amongst them are choosing the former. The Muslim organizations in America came out in a pitiful chorus condemning Nidal’s operation. The fact that fighting against the US army is an Islamic duty today cannot be disputed. No scholar with a grain of Islamic knowledge can defy the clear cut proofs that Muslims today have the right -rather the duty- to fight against American tyranny. Nidal has killed soldiers who were about to be deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan in order to kill Muslims. The American Muslims who condemned his actions have committed treason against the Muslim Ummah and have fallen into hypocrisy... The inconsistency of being a Muslim today and living in America and the West in general reveals the wisdom behind the opinions that call for migration from the West. It is becoming more and more difficult to hold on to Islam in an environment that is becoming more hostile towards Muslims. May Allah grant our brother Nidal patience, perseverance and steadfastness and we ask Allah to accept from him his great heroic act. Ameen."​
The full document is available from the NEFA Foundation website.

http://counterterrorismblog.org/

You could read more about this for yourself, except al-Awlaki's English website has been removed......odd coincidence?

Know this for what it is. The pre-meditated slaughter of defenseless men and women. An act of terrorism, Fundamential Islamic Extremism at war against anyone who doesn't share their beliefs.

Evil has many faces, Satan is the master of disguise.

Last edited:
Religion of Peace™
normal_mURI_temp_7a012549.jpg

Back