• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fort Hood Shooting

Watching this on the news as its pretty close by.

Are any of our Red River Chapter members at Ft. Hood?

It sickens me to learn that the ceremony was for men and women that were being deployed to the middle east. They had no idea that they had to fear for their lives at home more than overseas!:(

It sickens me to learn that the ceremony was for men and women that were being deployed to the middle east. They had no idea that they had to fear for their lives at home more than overseas!:(
X2 Thoughts and prayers go out to the families.

How does something like this happen?

Been Watching this on the news, they are talking about all the different elements involved.

Terrorist in hiding type thing or just a guy with some screws loose.

My Prayers go out to the families of the injured and dead...

Why am I not surprised....

Sad news. RIP, my thoughts are with the families.

Terrorist in hiding type thing or just a guy with some screws loose.

If he's a Major the guy waited a serious amount of time and jumped through alot of hoops to conceal his intentions.

I'd believe that theory more if he were a recent enlistee.

It is sad to hear about these things. I have not heard of anything like this happening to officers. But I guess it don't matter every one has problems. Very sad day for the military.

All it takes is one A-hole with a gun/crossbow/knife/sharpened spork.

Very true. I was thinking of how could a person be able to get on a base with weaons not someone that was in the army on the base. It has been a long time since I went on one so I thought they had tighter security.

wow... what a bastard. i have no doubt that there are many with evil intentions waiting... but hey maybe i am just paranoid... or i have special intel

"The Associated Press, quoting federal law enforcement officials, said Hasan had come to their attention at least six months ago because of Internet postings that discussed suicide bombings and other threats. The officials said they were still trying to confirm that he was the author."

This is the problem...the government is so terrified of being accused of "profiling," that they fiddle-faddle around whenever they find information like this. If they'd have taken action sooner, 12 people might not have lost their lives.

Back