• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Forecast is looking pretty good...

Can we save some high ground for the tent users? A tarp will not help if you set-up in a low spot. I had a tarp under my tent last year and still got flooded.

Nope. Its all pretty much level.

Anyone that needs a tarp, Menards has 6' x 8' tarps on sale for 2/$3. I picked up four for me (don't know if I will need them all).

Can we save some high ground for the tent users? A tarp will not help if you set-up in a low spot. I had a tarp under my tent last year and still got flooded.
If the campground floods, we just let JJ loose in the VeeDub, he knocks the shit pipes over and drains the big water holes.

What is that giant sucking sound?

Make sure the tarp doesn't extend past the edges of your tent.

it doesn't, and I got a large tarp to go over the top just in case it downpours, but it is getting set-up anyhow.

Friday just looks down right wet...

mac 'but a high of 60' gyvr

Friday just looks down right wet...

mac 'but a high of 60' gyvr

I have 3 sets of rain gear. With a temp like that I will probablyy leave the bibs and jacket and just go with a bunch of layers and the rain gear (1 set) for Friday.

Brian "at times like this I wish I had doors" ho13

make sure to bring rubbers.....

Cheese "take it how ya want too" Man

we've dealt with ankle high mud with puddles up to our kness before.
So, we'll be fine. Just a bit concerned with wind at night. that can change cold to friggin cold. I am bringing lots of rubbers :)

BOB

It's going to be an interesting drive in the morning. I'm right on the edge of the snow and the freezing rain is coming. They are saying .4" of ice by morning. I tarped the jeep to help keep the ice out. Uggg

picture.php

We're getting the crap right now. Heavy stuff. Should turn to nasty mix in the morning.

Crazy weather, we have thunderstorms tonight...thunderstorms in Iowa February 28...what da heck? See you guys tomorrow!

I'm probably not driving up into the Twin Cities in the morning, the commute looks to be probably double, and it's not worth the headache.

we are getting heavy rain lightning and thunder right now, may just wait and put the jeep on the trailer in the morning just before I leave, I can load everything else up today still

I just scraped an inch of very heavy, very wet sludge off the driveway. The windows on the Dodge are covered, but nothing is is frozen down, the wipers will move it off pretty easily. I'm not going anywhere today.

Back