• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford D60 rear

crazyoffroader

NAXJA Forum User
I found a Disc brake D60 rear end under an '04 E350 and I was wondering if it would be worth the $500 to buy it.

I have been thinking about going to full size Axles (tired of turdy polishing, just to have it break again) and I have the $$$, is this a good deal?

Aditionaly, is converting to a non-metric lug pattern that big of a Hassle?

Thanks in advance.

BrettM said:
i've definitely seen newer E series vans with 7 lugs, maybe they were E250s...

You're not kidding are you :wierd:.

In any case, this particular rear end has an 8 lug bold pattern.

How much would it cost to install disc breaks on a D60, supposing that I already had a D60? More that $500?

I would think its worth the $500, but only because I would be hard pressed to find that for under $1500 up here. Seems to me to be a pretty good price for a complete disc'd D60. I imagine it couldn't have that many miles on it either, considering its only a year old or so...

Yep the newer 3/4ton Fords, truck and vans, use a seven bolt pattern. Dumb eh? First time I worked on one at work it took me a minute to figure out what was going on.

Also the newer 8 bolt pattern is differnt than the older 8 bolt. Found that out the hard way when I bought a used set of rims.

91 Jeep Project said:
Not everyone wants a rearend a tank could use...

14 bolt is small potatoes, If I wanted big axles I would use the military axles my dad's friend has, 5 ton Oshkosh axles.

The rear pumpkin is 15" in diameter, the front pumpkin is 14". No idea on ring sizes.

Probably indestructable, but too darn big for me.

I'll check into the 14bolt
Thanks

Back