• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For those buying new welding hoods

JJ13

NAXJA Forum User
If you are in the market for a new welding hood check these out. This is my 3rd auto darkening hood, and by far the nicest hood I have used or seen.

http://www.uvex.com/satalite.html

The grinding and torch mode are awesome. The hood itself is first rate, stays up when flipped up, comes down when you want it to. Has an easy angle adjustment. It is also waterproof and approved for welding overhead. At 269.00 It beats the crap outa 300+ speedglass hoods

I have one of those hoods. I really like it and it gets used almost daily. Lasted right at a year before the light filter (auto darkener) went on the 'blink.'

Half way through a bead, the thing would just turn off and blind me. I'm waiting for the regional rep to call me back on this.

I think it should be under warranty, but it was a gift and I have no purchase info. It is by far my favorite hood though.

Dan

Back