• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flew over my wheelin spot

zfinger

NAXJA Forum User
Well a friend of mine got his pilots lisence and took me up in the air today in a little 2-seater. He flew me over Blackcat Mountain where I always go wheelin. Looks totally different from the air, theres a lot more land out there the I thought! We left from the airport in Auburn, Maine

Picture128.jpg

And my sketchy trail map just as a referance. Dirt road up the front to the tower up top, then real trails all over the back side that you cant see, and off to the right.
map.jpg

Link to all the pics I took-
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/zfinger/Airplane/

Last edited:
Sure nice out there...What kinda trees are those? Is that a national park? Private..not to much places here..only two major trails...wish we had more island to have longer runs..lol...

cessna 152?

ZacSquatch said:
cessna 152?
Not if he was bigger than a small child, how the hell someone fits in those with an instructor is beyond me.

that is awesome, i would love to fly over holister and see what it looks like

The plane was a 172M. Those are mostly white pines and stuff. If you can see the variations in thickness, most of that mountain has been logged before. Its not a park or anything, thats just what Maine looks like. Some of its private, I know one owner, and the rest is a combination of old county roads that have been discontinued and trails that just get used without any issue.

Black Cat Mountain, sounds familiar. What town is that in?

Send me PM's guys, we'll meet up some time and I can take you over there. But I cant just give out the directions on here and expect it have a good outcome.

vetteboy said:
This strikes me as comically ironic, given that Nebraska is the "home of Arbor Day".

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Yeah, I know. I've always wondered how the hell that happened.

Back