• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fixer-upper tow rig.......

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Posting this for someone who works with my wife. So, contact him about it - not me thanks!

He sent me the following details:

It is a 1999 (it was built in October 98 but the dealership calls it a 99) GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 long bed crew cab 454 engine (7.6 liter) automatic. It has a tow package but no hitch right now. It has 196,292 miles and I have had the truck since about 40,000. It was a work truck for my hardwood floor company for about 7-8 years.

It starts and runs good. All the power locks and power windows work. Radio, tape player and CD player all work. The heater and AC (I believe but I don't ever run the AC) work too. There is no visible rust or major damage, the passenger door has a dent from an unknown incident on a job- site many years ago. The 4x4 works and is very powerful. The tires are ok but will need a new front left due to uneven wear. I have 2 keys and electric openers that do work in locking and unlocking the doors.

The fuel pump is less than a year old, new spark plugs and all wires but one due to wrong parts being sent to me. The front brakes are about one year old. The battery is about one year old also. The big block was replaced about 4 years ago due to the exhaust manifold clogging and blowing the engine. The paperwork for the big block is in my glove compartment.

The transmission needs to be rebuilt (I believe) since it does not stay in gear or drive. There are many leaks under the hood, I know it is power steering fluid, anti freeze and possibly some oil. Not sure what else. There may need to be some emissions work since the emission light is on but not too sure what the problem is. There is a constant ticking sound when you drive from the turn signals, not sure what causes this but the turn signals and hazard lights do work. The 2 front doors do open from the inside but they both stick a little where you have to nudge the door while pulling the handle. The inside interior is in poor condition due to being a work truck. The wind shield needs to be replaced soon due to some cracks. The tailgate does open and close (a little rough) but the handle is broken. I have to pull on the metals poles or use pliers to open it.

Asking $2000 or best offer.

Kelsey
Phone: +1 720-374-4810
Cell: +1 720-917-6110

Kelsystruck.jpg

Last edited:
It's a 7.4 and probably needs solenoids in the trans.....ask me how I know
Killer deal here and remember even tho the new body style started in 99 it was always a year behind In the bigger trucks and bur bans

Back