• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

F/S 1996 XJ Lifted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christoph

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1996 Jeep Cherokee with a 4.5 inch Rough Country lift with new full rear leaf packs, sway bar quick disconnects, Iron Scorpion front bumper that has a 2 inch front receiver and 2 clevis mounts, Rubicon Express adjustable front track bar, 15 inch Canyon wheels with 31 inch Maxxis Mudders, and a 2 inch receiver hitch in the rear. All of this installed this past Thanksgiving 2009. Interior is all stock except for the CD player. It has the 4.0L, AW4, 182k miles, 8.25C rear, D30 front, 4x4 works no problems. Runs and drives fine. I have a clean KY title in hand. The A/C doesn't blow cold, but heat works, it needs a catalytic converter and the driver seat has that annoying XJ seat lean going on. Selling for $2800 or trade for a fullsize 4x4 extended cab truck as I'm needing one of those more than a Jeep right now. Since these pics were taken I have cut off the plastic bit underneath the front bumper.

RClift.jpg

RClift2.jpg

RClift3.jpg

REtrackbar.jpg

Jeep2.jpg

1996 Jeep Cherokees are under a recall for the catalytic converter, and you can get it replaced for FREE regardless of mileage. I just had mine replaced by the Jeep dealership two days ago at 161,000 miles.

Thanks for the heads up. This is the first I've heard of the recall. I looked the VIN up online and it said this XJ hasn't had it replaced. I'm going to take it to the local dealer to see if they'll fix it.

No I haven't posted this on K&I yet. Thanks for the compliments.

My CEL just illuminated tonight for no apparent reason.... so going to go and stop in @ my local stealership to see if they might hook this recall up on my 98, as I have been hearing some rattling and smelling some awesome smells from my exhaust lately...

post up if they honor it. mine is rotted out to hell. could use a new/free one.

I took it into the dealership today. They're keeping it overnight as they had to order a new cat for it. So it seems they're honoring it. One of the main service guys said they'll reflash the computer once it's fixed when I asked him about a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back