• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Expensive Comanche, take two

Would you buy this for 8K?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doubtful, but hopefully this is true.

Nope :(

Are you really expecting 8000 from a 22 year old vehicle?

Yes I am

Are you actually trying to sell it or are you just putting up a front for a wife or significant other?

I'm trying to sell it.. I'm on to a new project

I think it is just a 97 xj that was chopped behind the driver seat, then the bed was put on and the cab was fabbed

. It would be cheaper, easier (if you had the welding skills), and more logical. Which could be the reason for the missing vents.

It also might explain why it has a 97 title.

just my theory.

I think it is just a 97 xj that was chopped behind the driver seat, then the bed was put on and the cab was fabbed

. It would be cheaper, easier (if you had the welding skills), and more logical. Which could be the reason for the missing vents.

It also might explain why it has a 97 title.

just my theory.

Don't really see how that would be easier, possible, but probably just more work.

That's more sheetmetal work than putting the 97+ nose and doors on it. A lot more. No way would I ever chop a 97+ in half and attach it that way unless I was going for a 4-door Comanche build. I also agree on the cab vents.

If I won the lottery I'd go for it in a second... as it is? Nope. I'd rather build one myself for that kind of money.

Now that I think about it, it might be worth it just to be able to walk into the dealership and ask for parts for a 97 Comanche (or AutoZone, etc.) Kinda like the "I like to tell the parts counter guy I have two front driveshafts" line, but even better.

it might be worth it just to be able to walk into the dealership and ask for parts for a 97 Comanche (or AutoZone, etc.) Kinda like the "I like to tell the parts counter guy I have two front driveshafts" line, but even better.
You DO know what would happen if you tried that, right? :laugh2:
parts counter guy said:
So, is that for a Grand Comanche?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Next would be whether it's 2wd or 4wd... When you're trying to buy a fuel pump.

For 8K it should have some nice suspension work done to it and some d60s under it. I bet its still running a D35.

For 8K it should have some nice suspension work done to it and some d60s under it. I bet its still running a D35.

That's my thoughts. ATLEAST a 44 rear, 30 front. Locked and geared. Long arms and 33s.
winch/sliders/armor

etc etc thats how you make that an $8k rig:wave:

Would love to have that, have thought about finding myself a manche and doing a similar build myself over time... but I would def. talk him down, I mean if you can actually get him to reply back, be like hey... got $6K cash, and see what he says... I mean if he is really wanting to get rid of it, he will prob take what he can after having it up for sale for this long, otherwise it looks to me like he is just trying to see if he can keep it out there for that one sucker that goes wow... i want that, and gives him his asking price....

id pay 8 grand for it if:
-functional airbags and COMPLETE 97+ interior.
-zero rust perfect paint
-8.8 or 44 rear
-HO 4.0L 5spd or AW4 swapped in with less then 60k
-31 inch tires, full leaf packs and springs.

I dont like the color at all, but I would consider a comanche built to the above specs for 8 grand. camanche's with straight sheetmetal are rare nowadays. Ive seen a couple in person, and all are beat.

Damn, that is pretty. But way too much.

That is way more then I would pay. If it was loaded with everything I wanted and a 4.7 stroker, I would consider $5500. but its not near what I would expect for that price.

Comanche's with straight sheetmetal are rare nowadays. Ive seen a couple in person, and all are beat.
Arizona is a revelation for anyone who's used to cars from back east. There's stuff from the '60s in junkyards around here that look better then a 5 year old cream puff from Pennsylvania. Imagine a '87/88 Cherokee with absolutely zero rust,... and 140K miles. Bare metal won't start to surface rust for months out here(or until it rains, maybe 3-4 times a year)

If it weren't for the heat I would be there in a SECOND.

That or the southeast, gambit4000s sent me a new '88 MJ fuel pump assembly from down there that, well, might as well have been new. It had a little fuel varnish and some grease on it. Not a single speck of corrosion. It replaced one that had approximately 1/8" of rust chunks growing on the outside, and was immediately coated in heavy grease.

But I get cranky and/or exhibit antisocial behavior if exposed to above 80 degree heat for extended periods of time. That becomes more like 90 or 100 if it's a "dry heat" which we don't have up here.

If it weren't for the heat I would be there in a SECOND,... ...,But I get cranky and/or exhibit antisocial behavior if exposed to above 80 degree heat for extended periods of time. That becomes more like 90 or 100 if it's a "dry heat",...
You'd probably be cranky and anti-social then :D 97.6 on the roof(in the shade) yesterday!

But it WAS a dry heat. :flame: of course, so's an oven. :laugh3:

Back