• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exhaust Shops

trevanator

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys been several months since I have been on. Life has been very crazy for me the past several months and I am finally trying to get it to settle down. With that said I am instantly going to pick your brains cause I know you all love it so much :smootch: Basically I need to replace my header. The header is cracked and welded and cracked and welded and on and on its time to go. Also I need a new catalytic converter as mine has gone out apparently and will not pass smog so I am going to replace that as well. So since I need to do both why not just go from header to tip and replace the entire exhaust.

Now I don't need to hear anything from the peanut gallery about not replacing the whole exhaust or that its not my catalytic converter or all that. Well you can say what you want its a free country but I am just going to ignore you .!.:D.!.

So my question is where should I go to get this done? There are some local shops near me in fullerton but I have no idea if they are any good. Or maybe I should buy the stuff separate and do it that way. I have no idea. So please help!

Find a deal on a Dynomax catback. That'll probably save you some cash on getting the whole system done.

http://www.ocmufflerman.com/

467 Industrial Way
Placentia, CA 92870-6321

(714) 524-7818

Across the street from Home Depot on Placentia, just north of Orangethorpe.

He did the exhaust on both Naxja KOH XJ's, as well as every other rig that I have touched. Good work, great prices.

Next door is an excellent driveshaft shop, too..

Thanks alot guys I do appreciate it. I will definitely call the muffler man he is literally on the other side of the road from me about 1 mile. I will also call anchor see if they can do the header or not.

Darky I have looked into the dyno max cat back exhausts but I have been told to find a flowmaster and I would be happier but I will ask the shops and see what they have or recommend. Anybody else have any ideas?

http://www.ocmufflerman.com/

467 Industrial Way
Placentia, CA 92870-6321

(714) 524-7818

Across the street from Home Depot on Placentia, just north of Orangethorpe.

He did the exhaust on both Naxja KOH XJ's, as well as every other rig that I have touched. Good work, great prices.

Next door is an excellent driveshaft shop, too..

I agree. He just did a cat and spin tech muffler on my jeep and was really reasonable and did it in like 30 minutes. Gives a better price for cash also.

How do you like the spin tech muffler? I do a lot of work with them at my work but just tubing we have them make some custom tubes for us for certain products and they are good people for the most part but definitely expensive. I know they are mostly geared towards racing type set ups for exhaust stuff but curious on the quality and performance for the price?

I have had both magnaflow and flowmaster on the 4L hands down I like the mgnaflow better. And a second for anchor muffler they have done all my stuff and my buddys cutlas as well.

There are a few on here that are good at manifold changes.....haha

That said, I would go with magnaflow or spintech. I have a video on youtube with my 93 (?) with a magnaflow if you want to hear one. I dont like the sound quality or volume of the flowmasters (on anything but a musclecar).

You're going to pay an arm and a leg to get a shop to change out the header for you, it's a pain in the ass and labor intensive. i'd recommend swapping it out before hand then taking it to a shop for the rest of the exhaust work. If you don't have the means I or any other number of the local jeepers can help you get it handled.

I'm free most days during the week if you have a day off and want to get it handled we can work something out, I'm about 20 mins down the 91 from you.

Thanks for the offer grimm and the insight. I am currently getting a few quotes from a few shops hopefully this weekend I will be able to make a decision. I will let you know if it will be better to go ahead and do it myself. Any recommendations on headers if I go that way?

I would vote banks or borla but the ebay APN and pacesetters seem to do ok too. Biggest complaint about aftermarket headers is cracking, and the biggest cause of cracks are bad motor and trans mounts. My advice is if you are going to drop the dough on a nice header change both the motor and trans mounts at the same time unless you've changed them in the last 10k miles. This is assuming you're running stock mounts.

Noted I will definitely look into either doing the motor mounts or doing a flexible coupling. Thanks for all your help guys and Grimm I will pm you one way or another when I find out my quotes.

I like the spin tech. It's a little loud but it sounds nice in my opinion

If you are going to do motor mounts dont waste your time with stock style. Get Brown Dog or MORE (?). I can't remember who makes Jeep stuff anymore but I had the MORE ones (if its More I am thinking of) and never had an exhaust issue with stock header

Back