• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ever had a can of coke blow up in your car?

johnlv6

NAXJA Forum User
I go to grab the to-go pizza box (tried a NY style pizza joint) from the passenger floorboard and noticed a diet coke sitting on the passenger seat. I was thinking it might be good to have with the pizza leftovers so i grabbed the can...it was empty:D. The top was bulged out, it was obvious it had exploded from the heat (it's been 100+ out the last few days). It was then that i noticed the entire passenger seat, door, dash, and window were covered with diet coke .

The pizza joint i found was great...i consider today a good day other than the fact that the interior of the XJ is covered in diet coke .

johnlv6 said:
The pizza joint i found was great...i consider today a good day other than the fact that the interior of the XJ is covered in diet coke .

I can relate to your joy in finding a decent pizza. Most every pizza place in STL sucks, save for the few that specialize in NY style. I'm from NJ, so I don't even bother anymore except for the occasional treat.

It really made my day (the pizza). I'll have to clean out the xj before ants move in and go to town on the sugar. I really don't feel like cleaning it though..i'm thinking i'll wind up getting owned by my laziness here.

once the ants move in you can never get them out, ive been helping my friend fight the ants in his car for years now. we think we kill them all, but next time there is food in there the ants find it and are all over it! i think there are inside the cavity where the hydrolic cylinders for the top are, but cant find em.

I had a couple cans of beer in the back of the Cherokee explode once (I think they bounced off eachother). I turned around to see what had made the hissing noise and recieved a face full of warm Coors at high pressure. The whole interior was coated in shitty beer, not to mention my face and clothes.

"No officer, I havn't been drinking...."

:D

-----Matt-----

I did the same thing a number of years ago. I was at work, and the Jeep was sitting in the sun all day. I knew I was fawked as soon as I could clearly see the windshield. I was working at a grocery store at the time, and I didn't even bother to un-lock the Jeep. I turned right around to buy paper towels and Windex. About 30-45 minutes later, I was on my way home. My brother thought he would be nice and try to get the Coke out of my headliner. He got it out, but the part he washed fell down a week later. I think there is still some Coke under my passengers armrest. That shit got everywhere!

Lawn Cher' said:
I can relate to your joy in finding a decent pizza. Most every pizza place in STL sucks, save for the few that specialize in NY style. I'm from NJ, so I don't even bother anymore except for the occasional treat.

Is there anything even remotely close to the stuff you can get in NY? I really don't get why somebody can't do it right, outside of NY.

cherokee89 said:
Is there anything even remotely close to the stuff you can get in NY? I really don't get why somebody can't do it right, outside of NY.

East Coast Pizza in Chesterfield is decent if I don't feel like schlepping all the way to U-City, Kirkwood, Webster Groves or the CWE for Racanelli's, which is the closest thing I can find out here.

Lawn Cher' said:
East Coast Pizza in Chesterfield is decent if I don't feel like schlepping all the way to U-City, Kirkwood, Webster Groves or the CWE for Racanelli's, which is the closest thing I can find out here.

I will have to give them a shot. Blackthorn's, off of South Grand, is pretty decent pizza. A large has to weigh about 7 or 8 pounds.

cherokee89 said:
I will have to give them a shot. Blackthorn's, off of South Grand, is pretty decent pizza. A large has to weigh about 7 or 8 pounds.

If its round and sliced into wedges, I'm willing to give it a shot. We should meet for a slice some time.

Lawn Cher' said:
If its round and sliced into wedges, I'm willing to give it a shot. We should meet for a slice some time.

Sounds good to me. I will send you a pm someday. I have a bunch of crap on my plate for the next few weeks.:cheers:

Beer cans while driving....and can't pull over.

I go around a corner, beer cans come flying out of the caddy in the passenger foot area, hit the untrimmed seat bracket sharp bits -- 2 cans end up getting pinholes and start spewing like Chinese whirlee fireworks.

Earlier this year, I was at the u-pull junkyard with my friend. I told him to hurry up and just toss the tools behind the front seats and I would pick them up later. He did and the big slot screwdriver hit a full spray can of K&N oil. Not the small can that comes with the cleaner kit, but the big can (spray paint sized). I have my Jeep set up with a hose out interior -except for the seats- so it was no big deal.

my friends track spike punched open a can of axe body spray in his car, the axe overload made it smeel like a dirty overcologned man but that was better than the sweaty smell from his track clothes

shortxjdoug said:
my friends track spike punched open a can of axe body spray in his car, the axe overload made it smeel like a dirty overcologned man but that was better than the sweaty smell from his track clothes

Sick... lol

Some kind of dark colored soda exploded in my friend's CR-V. Always looked like barf on the headliner... yummy. I just spilled a bunch of coke in the back of a friend's pick up too... oops. He shouldn't have asked me to hold his coke and then sped off while I was still in the back... foo'. :confused1

I had my friend slide the passanger seat back in my XJ while wheeling and poke a hole in a can of AXE. Who knew I had such cheap cologne as an air fresher stashed under the seat?

I started smelling AXE, and I look at Mike, and I asked him, "Did you put on AXE?" he says "No, but I smell that". Right then we both heard the hiss, look back, and see it pissing on the floor. I reached back, grabbed the can, and hand-granaded it out my window. It got all over my hand, and my solution was to wipe my hand on my pants, subsequently smelling like that crap for the rest of the day.

buzzbombxj said:
once the ants move in you can never get them out, ive been helping my friend fight the ants in his car for years now. we think we kill them all, but next time there is food in there the ants find it and are all over it! i think there are inside the cavity where the hydrolic cylinders for the top are, but cant find em.

I had ants move into my '93 XJ from an old wood trailer that I was towing and had left connected overnight.

I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them. I thought that removing the carpet (and seats, and console) and herculining the interior would get rid of them. Nope. I put out ant traps, sprayed Raid Ant Killer EVERYWHERE, left the Jeep baking in the summer sun at the airport for a week, nothing worked. They stayed around for two summers, but disappeared after a particularly frigid Michigan winter. I never figured out where they were living. They weren't under the carpet (obviously), in the seats, or in the frame rails...

SpartanToJo said:
I had ants move into my '93 XJ from an old wood trailer that I was towing and had left connected overnight.

I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of them. I thought that removing the carpet (and seats, and console) and herculining the interior would get rid of them. Nope. I put out ant traps, sprayed Raid Ant Killer EVERYWHERE, left the Jeep baking in the summer sun at the airport for a week, nothing worked. They stayed around for two summers, but disappeared after a particularly frigid Michigan winter. I never figured out where they were living. They weren't under the carpet (obviously), in the seats, or in the frame rails...

Shoulda just bombed it with those insect bombs, we do that yearly for fleas twice, once to kill the live ones and once more two weeks later for the hatched eggs.
This year with the awsome amount of rain we had the insects were using our house like noahs boat, it was unreal but the high water drove them inside. We've just about got it under control, one more bombing next weekend 'just to be sure'... PIA thing, got to take the dog and cat out then put the trantula in the shed...

Back