• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Event details

All the standard stuff;
Tow points, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, seat belts for all occupants and donations (in bottled form) for the cooks.

:D

Damn, the only one to donate bottles to me the last couple years was Remi....but at least he got me something good. :D

Quick ? Is there a list of required equipment? I'm pretty sure my XJ will have all needed equipment if everything arrives on time, but want to ask for any guests who may come.

THis is taken from teh NAXJA By-Laws:

"Required Equipment for Event Participation
NAXJA VERY HIGHLY recommends that all event participants have a CB Radio.
NAXJA requires all listed items to be present, and available for use, for a vehicle to be permitted to participate in a event. Participants are expected to stow equipment and all other items within their vehicle in a safe manner, conscious of the effects of OHV use and possible shifting of items.
NAXJA Safety Inspectors will use this list for safety inspections prior to any event. The Safety Inspector has final say in approval or rejection of any vehicle for event participation and may at anytime defer to a second event or club officer for additional ruling.
NAXJA expects each event participant to carry insurance and registration sufficient to meet the legal requirements of their vehicle state of residence and for the roads and trails traveled for the event. NAXJA is not responsible for assuring an entrant's vehicle is legal for the roads and trails traveled in the event.
Equipment List
Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
First aid kit
Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
D-Rings
Shackle/Clevis
20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
Secured battery (no bungee cords)"

There will be vehicle safety "inspections" at the Discovery Center BEFORE the trail runs.

Also, participants must sign a relase/waiver before departing for the trails.

You were kinda' busy cooking last year. Since I didn't want to interrupt, I drank the beer for you (I distinctly remember telling you how good it tasted!)

Oh yeah, thanks. I will make sure I let you know how good your rum is this year. :D

ok two questions:

1. Which Jeep - both stock, a '96 and a '97. If you've read the boards, you know what's up with the '97, but it would be cool to rock it and give it a good off road test...as for the '96, I'd rather not beat it up...anymore LOL

2. Is it possible to just drive out for the day and wheel with you guys and then drive home? I can't stay overnight.

I may not be able to make it at all right now anymore, but in the event I can let me know!

Take whichever Jeep, they're both stock, and there's trails available for all levels of Jeep. Personally, I'd drive whichever one you feel is least likely to die/get you a ticket on the drive. :D

Yes, you may just drive out for the day. A friend of mine will be driving out Saturday morning and leaving that night.

ok two questions:

1. Which Jeep - both stock, a '96 and a '97. If you've read the boards, you know what's up with the '97, but it would be cool to rock it and give it a good off road test...as for the '96, I'd rather not beat it up...anymore LOL

2. Is it possible to just drive out for the day and wheel with you guys and then drive home? I can't stay overnight.

I may not be able to make it at all right now anymore, but in the event I can let me know!

Take the one with the busted dash so you don't get all distracted by those funny dials. =)

I know that Discovery Center is the meeting place, but what time? I am thinking of a day trip if I can make it out there before every one takes off to the trails.

What time is dinner?

Rick, Sonia said she would offer her help.

I know that Discovery Center is the meeting place, but what time? I am thinking of a day trip if I can make it out there before every one takes off to the trails.

Meeting at 8:30. Plan on leaving at 9:00 AM for the trails.

I am doing a day trip out of OC. You are more than welcome to meet me along the way and van-pool up the hill.

I will be leaving OC at 5:30 and heading out the 91 to the 10 to either the 330 or 38.

I have a mini weber...should I bring it? Mines probably about 10-12 inches and I can set it on a table.

For those of us who have never been to big bear, or a naxja event, what do we need to know. My jeep is close to ready and it looks like I'll be going. Is there gas available anywhere close to the campground? food? Parts? etc?

There is gas, food, and parts just on the other side of the lake from the campground. The Stanfield Cutoff road cuts across the lake.

For those of us who have never been to big bear, or a naxja event, what do we need to know. My jeep is close to ready and it looks like I'll be going. Is there gas available anywhere close to the campground? food? Parts? etc?

Make sure you have the minimum equipment described in these threads.

Map your route to the campground or Discovery Center. Allow plenty of time for traffic.

Bring appropriate clothing, food, and provisions. It gets cold at night up there.

Don't be afraid to introduce yourself to folks and ask about the Jeeps and trails.

Back