• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Evans Creek Oktoberfest: 10/22 - 10/24

Looks like I might be out. Need a new t-case and valve cover gasket at the very least before I can drive; among other things I imagine I wont finish in time.

Hopefully it stays dry...or commuting on the bike will really suck.

Looks like I might be out. Need a new t-case and valve cover gasket at the very least before I can drive; among other things I imagine I wont finish in time.

Hopefully it stays dry...or commuting on the bike will really suck.
you need a new tcase? or to reseal yours?

Last edited:
you need a new tcase? or to reseal yours?

I have to swap my old one in. I found metal/plastic chunks in the bottom of the one I have now. It's a time bomb I don't want to deal with when it snows.

I have to swap my old one in. I found metal/plastic chunks in the bottom of the one I have now. It's a time bomb I don't want to deal with when it snows.

do you have an SYE?

Alright, I am 100% in. Got friday off, ditched my co-pilolts.. its go time. now.. to wrench on the jeep and get her Rock Ready.

I need to -

Figure out front locker.. WTF its issue is
New rear driveline
repair my Rock tuned exhuast
Front Axle lower control arm skids
Tweak CB, it was acting up last time out
Hopefull have winch back in place by then.
Melt floor into position and glue it there.

probably going to do swap in a WJ power steering pump next weekend, and install a power steering cooler.

I need to -

Figure out front locker.. WTF its issue is
New rear driveline
repair my Rock tuned exhuast
Front Axle lower control arm skids
Tweak CB, it was acting up last time out
Hopefull have winch back in place by then.
Melt floor into position and glue it there.

I've got a set of LCA skids for sale...

Are any Evans experts planning on going (ie: know all the trails inside and out)?

I've been there twice this year, so I feel like I got a pretty good lay of he land. However, it would be nice to have an official tour guide.

Also, if anyone has firewood please bring some along!

i live 20 minutes away and have wheeled it countless times so i know pretty much everything up there. but im still not sure if i will be up there with you guys or not. if i do make it then i could lead if needed

i live 20 minutes away and have wheeled it countless times so i know pretty much everything up there. but im still not sure if i will be up there with you guys or not. if i do make it then i could lead if needed

i also live 20 mnutes away, not sure if I have wheeled Evans as much as Branden has, but I do know pretty much all of the trails. I wont be camping but I will probably be there Friday afternoon and then back up there for most of the day Saturday.

Good to hear.

I have no problem being trail leader, but I'm sure you guys no the trails and routes better than I do.

Also, does anyone know if Evans has a curfew for the trails? My sick and twisted mind is thinking a night run would be kind of fun. :firedevil

there is no curfew at all. night runs are always an interesting activity ;)

Im always down for a night run. How sloppy can we expect it to be over there? Last time I went to Elbe it was really bad. Evans creek is the same kind of area right?

i also live 20 mnutes away, not sure if I have wheeled Evans as much as Branden has, but I do know pretty much all of the trails. I wont be camping but I will probably be there Friday afternoon and then back up there for most of the day Saturday.

How are we supposed to have a warm fire if you're not there!?

Back