• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Envy

There's always that one guy who shows up looking for popcorn and a free show.

"Move along, nothing to see here" :D

After your hissyfit over those illegal ham radio operators and your own ouster from the club, anything you post here is amusing to say the least.

Obviously a well built sport compact time attack car is not a stock engine, baby on board civic with a spoiler. Would you want to be grouped in with chrome bolt on wrangler zombie response vehicle members? Of course not.

Just another reason not to judge a book by its cover. ANY CAR can be built to epic status.... (there are exceptions, but fewer than you think!)

Open your minds, you might learn something! Details, they matter.

it's not so much about being closed-minded. there is just a grey-area between the different types of performance cars in each person's mind.
my Chevelle had the first 383 stroker in our area, nobody ever heard of one before. the old-timer at the machine shop sold me on the idea of building something besides the 427 i wanted. though i would race against the kids who shelled out the cash for the new 5.0L mustangs and all the bolt-ons they could afford, i see both as performance cars. just not the same genre. a built-up civic is undeniably a performance car, and i can appreciate the mind-set of the guy building it and his personal knowledge, but i dont have much interest in it on a personal level. much like he probably doesnt want to build a chevelle. same with the guy who can buy that new GT500 and is willing to run the crap out of it.

and for the record...... anyone still running multiple carburetors on ANYTHING, is ok in my book.

Now has a 4.7L stroker in it with FI. Not sure I am better off. OBD I does not like the cam and head flow. I will probably have to build a megasquirt to get it to run right. Might be easier to put the webers on it, reinstall the HEI and get rid of the electronics.

John

renix wouldn't care..

and for the record...... anyone still running multiple carburetors on ANYTHING, is ok in my book.

just don't ask him for a ride to work on a cold morning when you're running late..... choke setup and cold idle mixtures seem to have gone the way of the dinosaur

just don't ask him for a ride to work on a cold morning when you're running late..... choke setup and cold idle mixtures seem to have gone the way of the dinosaur

manual choke lever on the console FTW! Hahaha.

Back