• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Enduro...

I got back in to Off-Road MC after over 26 years. I picked up a well used XL600 Honda that seems a bit heavy for the trails, but it works. Next bike will have electric start, I can guarantee that! I thought I was in pretty good shape, until I had to start that single lung monster when it was flooded :D

Ron

I did, I just sold my KTM. Just too scary trying to get around the bay area on a bike for me. That and my XJ seems to have a hold on my wallet :D

I had the 640 Adventure. Nice bike for a thumper, but I was always lusting for the 950 and now the 990 twin.

I knew a guy that sold his 450 ktm. He said it was just too scary fast for the rocky trails in Colorado. All the racing tech has gone into 4 strokes in the past few years and they are really light and fast. A new honda crf 450 will spank the old XR600 and XR650. I keep thinking I want a 450 because the 93 XR 250 I had seemed slow even modified but the new 250 is way faster. I don't know if you want to drive it on the road but check this out. In Colorado and probably other states you can get a new full blown motocroos bike and tag it for the road. The dealer sells a kit with tail light head light and bicycle mirror. I think you need a horn and a battery to keep the light on if you stall. They give you the title and paper work to register it as a road bike. An endro bike will allready have some of what you need but they make you put DOT knobys on it and the rear view mirror to get a tag. Get home and ditch the mirror and tires and you can run your dirt bike on the street with a legal registration. Check out what states have shops that will sell like this and if you have to have a Colorado address to get one for some reason let me know. Call Fat Meyers in Denver if you want a used one with a tag. They alwas have a lot of trade ins.

spudly said:
I did, I just sold my KTM. Just too scary trying to get around the bay area on a bike for me. That and my XJ seems to have a hold on my wallet :D

I had the 640 Adventure. Nice bike for a thumper, but I was always lusting for the 950 and now the 990 twin.
I officially don't like you ! Selling my bike to someone else...you know I had first dibs ;)

I knew I was gonna get called out on this :gee:

Back