• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dynomax rebate.

This timing is great, the tailpipe fell off the jeep last week and local mufflershops were demanding one of my limbs and the rights to name my first born to replace it.

don't think i'm going to enjoy fighting off that factory muffler though.
use a cutoff wheel in an angle grinder, slice along the length of the pipe very carefully on both sides where it slides over the output of the cat. Whack the crap out of the muffler with the biggest hammer you have and eventually it'll pop off.

Whack the crap out of the muffler with the biggest hammer you have and eventually it'll pop off.

I HATE THE STOCK MUFFLERS. when i was putting on my dynomax catback last year it took forever to get the stock one off. regular hammer...nope. single hand sledge...nope. both just knocked holes in it. fullsize 8lb sledge...yes finally :confused1

btw id check on that rebate status. i also had received mine within a few weeks

When I get around to replacing mine, IWas thinking about a new cat at the same time.. so it saves me time/energy

I have a sawzall, angle grinder and an 5 pound mini-sledge. I should be good.

there is always the option of grinding the sides of the pipe, then tie a rope to a tree and then to the muffler.

That works. It also will likely result in you getting a full "head-back" exhaust system including a header and downpipe instead of just cat-back... :spin1:

Can anyone tell me the difference in the RENIX system? I am wanting to get this catback but if i can get away with the renix one for 25$ bucks it will be worth it. I have a 96. Also if you buy from the ebay store you still get the rebate correct? Thank you!

Those who have it how does it sound? a small video with sound would be nice :passgas:

Can anyone tell me the difference in the RENIX system? I am wanting to get this catback but if i can get away with the renix one for 25$ bucks it will be worth it. I have a 96. Also if you buy from the ebay store you still get the rebate correct? Thank you!

The renix system doesn't have a fancy tail pipe and is 2.5" in diameter. I bought it and it works just fine on my 95. If you buy it from Summit on Ebay, you get an invoice which is all you need for the rebate (along with the form). I bought mine on Ebay and sent the rebate stuff in...just haven't got it back yet.

Those who have it how does it sound? a small video with sound would be nice :passgas:

If you search dynomax jeep on youtube, there are plenty of videos :)

If you search dynomax jeep on youtube, there are plenty of videos :)

I realize that, but that doesn't guarantee this same setup is under there rig. Plus I have already done the Youtube search.

Same routing and diameter as the stock system- muffler slip-fits to the cat, uses the same rubber grommet on the hanger over the rear axle, and it had a funny clamp with a rod welded to it to connect to the stock hanger at the rear (which I've since trashed and made my own hanger). Worth noting that the stainless tip kicks over to the passenger side, which means it can interfere with lift shackles/springs.

The cheaper kit is probably the way to go if you don't have a late 00/01, or don't care about the fancy tip. The cheaper kit appears to be 2.5" (the kit I have is 2.25"), and should still be pretty much a bolt on.

Thanks for the video. That sounds really good at higher RPM's not quiet as throaty as I would like though.

You'll definitely lose the egr, so you'd have to block that off. I don't see a problem with the exhaust port sizes and spacing, but I don't know about the shape or thickness of the HO flange in order for the washers to straddle the Renix intake manifold.

Last edited:
You'll definitely lose the egr, so you'd have to block that off. I don't see a problem with the exhaust port sizes and spacing, but I don't know about the shape or thickness of the HO flange in order for the washers to straddle the Renix intake manifold.

yeah, I ment the dynomax catback renix exhaust kit onto a 95 jeep.

Sent my rebate form in on 3/30 and received the rebate check today (5/19). That's 7 weeks and 1 day.

After I got my Dynomax cat-back system on my '96, I took it in to the Jeep dealer for the catalytic converter recall, and got a new one of those installed for free. :sunshine:

Back