• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Destaco Latches for tire carrier and metal in pass frame rail

cjstefan

NAXJA Forum User
I have another thread going about ARB bumpers but I didn't want to clutter that with these questions. Its obvious how the vertical latch would work for this purpose simce it pulls in but how would a horizontal latch get the job done? Its pulling down on the arm while its locked but what keeps the arm from slightly swinging (vibrating) since nothing's pulling it inward? I'm my application the horizontal latch would be easier to incorporate but if it doesn't work I'll make the vertical latch work.
Then theres the second question. I ha e some circle s rear frame inserts I want to use with the tire carrier. How is everyone getting the metal strip out of the passenger side frame rails?

Pull the bumper and remove any rivets and slide it out.

I dont mean the nut strip. Isn't the piece of metal about 8 or 9 inches in welded in place or is it riveted? On the nut strip it has that curve to go over the piece I'm talking about. On the Circle S inserts they're flat and 1/4" thick so they won't conform by tightening the bolts

I used a spring loaded T pin along with the latch.

66dd03e671ea9bc2efcc961933254237.jpg
4ed19a5ab47ad87166aa00119cedfded.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

But hows the latch keep the arm from slightly moving back and forth? That's what I cant figure out. I mean, I can see how yours does with the pin but most others dont use one

Back