• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Denver U-pull-and-pay users, manual transmission?

Lightfoot

NAXJA Forum User
So I blew up my ax-15 yesterday, and at this point my funds to get it fixed are really close to $0. Im liking the idea and the price of the U pull and pay, but even their front desk cant tell me if they have any manual xj's on the lot. Im not trying to drive an hour to Denver if they aren't going to have any. Would any of you guys who buy parts there happen to know if there are any manuals on the lot with the transmissions still in them?

Thanks in advance.

'99, 2dr, 4.6, ax-15, np231, 30/8.8 4.56.

Yeah, unfortunately, 2wd AX15's will not adapt to 4wd, not even if a person was to take it apart and swap output shaft/tail cone parts..... the entire case is different at the tail cone.

I have a good AX15...... but not for UPAP price.... that's what I paid for it..... :D

Dang, that's what I was afraid of. I tore mine apart to look at the damage and I lost 1st gear and the cluster gear. The rest seems ok, but I did drive it about 5 miles when it happened. The worst part is that the transmission was rebuilt 2.5 years ago, and has maybe 12k miles on it.
Feel free to PM me prices if any of you are looking to get rid of your extras. Ive never rebuilt one before, but it doesn't seem too bad. I think I could handle swapping some syncros.
Thanks for the quick responses.
Lightfoot

Back