• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dec 18th cleghorn trail toy run

great pics. I'm glad you got a couple pics of me actually making it up the electrical tower hill. After 10+ attempts I was starting to get worried but I am one stubborn sob. I have done those hills numerous times with no issues but when you cover them in mud it makes it WAY more difficult. Sorry for slowing everyone down at that spot.

Okay, here's my photos and a couple short videos.

The group at the Power Tower
P1070217.jpg

I have a longer video of BHicks trying to get up the hill, but it won't work for photobucket so it'll have to posted later after it uploads in YouTube. Here is a shorter video after Brad moved left and tried it. Of course after I stopped filming he made it up it.
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e380/reedly/?action=view&current=P1070219-1.mp4

It was slick and muddy in spots. I tried to get video that showed the slick conditions, but I'm not sure you can tell.
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e380/reedly/?action=view&current=P1070220-1.mp4

The Line-up at the end.
P1070222.jpg

My muddy Jeep when I got home.
P1070223.jpg

Thanks for a good time everyone. I would have liked to do more of the offshoots, but I don't know what the backside of most of the climbs is like, so I didn't want to get stuck on a sketchy descent. Maybe next time it will be drier...

~R

First Video, Hill Climb and attempted assassination on GO Pro Camera... http://www.nuveeo.com/3137917

More to come later.

If any of you have videos to upload feel free to use that site, I am trying to launch it and the more content the better.

It has much better image compression than You Tube and will not remove music and cover videos with ads.

Here's the longer video I shot. It was shot with my digital camera and it pretty shaky and not great, but I guess you get what you get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxmksLFnfE0

~R

That video is almost embarrasing. I couldn't believe I was struggling to get up that little hill. Those deep holes full of mud at the bottom were killing me and I couldn't just gas it because every time I did I dug the holes out deepr. I'm glad I finally made it but my pride was suffering at the end.

That video is almost embarrasing. I couldn't believe I was struggling to get up that little hill.

You should be embarrassed. I suggest a milder rig for you. Perhaps something with a 3" lift, 31s and open/open. Hey, I know, we could just trade. Then you wouldn't have to be embarassed when you can't make stuff like that.

Yea, it was sloppy. I was surprised by how much I was sliding when I went down the easy line that I went up.

You should be embarrassed. I suggest a milder rig for you. Perhaps something with a 3" lift, 31s and open/open. Hey, I know, we could just trade. Then you wouldn't have to be embarassed when you can't make stuff like that.

Yea, it was sloppy. I was surprised by how much I was sliding when I went down the easy line that I went up.

There's a BRILLIANT idea but......I think I will keep my rig. I have been in the 3" 31's world and I'm not looking to go back. Give it time. You will get there.

Bhicks, you and Webdog were the highlite of the run! I didn't see any other rig atempting that hill you both hit. I was waiting for big steve to come out of his corner and just school everyone. lol. Reed don't worry we will have a day from our level. Also cleaning this mud off today sucks just touching the jeep you get mud on your self. Fun day.

lol i have hit that hill before... but in dry conditions.. and a long time ago... my heep is only locked in the rear.... after seeing how bad of a time brad was having being locked/locked i figured ehhhh nevermind ..lol

also in my defense lol my brad and max were the three that new the trail.. so one of us had to stay and lead the pack.. i would like to get another mud run together after the holidays and we can run the off shoots... any interest?

Ya that hill could be dangerous being wet and your rig get side ways and its over and done with. I would be down to run this trail and off shoot with the Big boys. I'm shopping for tires for the next mud run for sure. I have been on most of the off shoots . JK steve. lol

That video is almost embarrasing. I couldn't believe I was struggling to get up that little hill. Those deep holes full of mud at the bottom were killing me and I couldn't just gas it because every time I did I dug the holes out deepr. I'm glad I finally made it but my pride was suffering at the end.

So you did make it up the hill? I fell asleep at about the six minute mark. :laugh3:

So you did make it up the hill? I fell asleep at about the six minute mark. :laugh3:

I was the one in the video and I fell asleep at the 2 minute mark. It was quite frusturating taking so long to get up that thing but I wasn't about to let that stupid little hill beat me. I did make it up. The video doesn't show that but the pics do. Mud is a biatch!!!

Ya that hill could be dangerous being wet and your rig get side ways and its over and done with. I would be down to run this trail and off shoot with the Big boys. I'm shopping for tires for the next mud run for sure. I have been on most of the off shoots . JK steve. lol

Yea there were a couple of times when Brad started to slide sideways that I got worried. I've only seen videos of Jeeps rolling, but a lot of them started out that way.

I'm ready to run it again anytime. Tomorrow is fine with me. Well, maybe Tuesday, but you get the idea. I would have tried more offshoots if I knew what the descents were like on the other side. But that's okay, there's always next time.

And JohnnyC, you're absolutely right. Not a very good video, but it didn't seem worth editting to make it shorter, 'cause it still wouldn't be that good. I figure people can keep scrolling ahead, or hit delete, or do whatever they feel like.

Back