• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Death Valley Trip Feb 4-6, 2004

Death Valley...enough said. Later...Clint

dvxj.jpg

I would like in on this. Will a militray trailer make it ok. Got plenty of clearance. I would also be interested in going on the pre run in Jan if thats cool.

Tim D

Your trailer should be fine. Just make sure you have a spare, rocks are sharp out there. The last time we had 3 guys with Adventure Trailers do just fine.

-Marisha

I'd really like to join you all but I have one issue. I dont run a spare... dont even own one. On the other hand I do have OBA and a full tire repair kit. As for the spare fuel... I'll just strap some cans down on my roof rack.

Drunk tank said:
I'd really like to join you all but I have one issue. I dont run a spare... dont even own one. On the other hand I do have OBA and a full tire repair kit. As for the spare fuel... I'll just strap some cans down on my roof rack.

what do you do then if you slice the sidewall open?

well.... try to fix. But the main reason I dont have one is I couldnt afford another tire. considering the roads are said to be something a subaru could handle.... I dont think a sidewall slash is somethin to worry about. Now a nail from some asshat burning pallets...

Drunk tank said:
well.... try to fix. But the main reason I dont have one is I couldnt afford another tire. considering the roads are said to be something a subaru could handle.... I dont think a sidewall slash is somethin to worry about. Now a nail from some asshat burning pallets...

I know of someone that sliced a tire open on a piece of metal that was buried in the ground (that happened locally a few months ago). So at the very least you might want to hunt for an innertube that would fit inside your tire and a "sewing" kit to sew shut the cut. But with the innertube running probably about $30 or so (for that big of a tire) you might want to look for a used/worn tire that someone is swapping out.

What kind/size of tires are you running and are you open or locked?

We had a guy with stock tires *shred* one because it got a little too low and we were running along about 40mph and that thing was demolished. I have punctured two at once up there as well (Forgot what I did though). We also found some people without a spare that we had to drive to the nearest town, about 30 miles away so they could get some help (We tried top repair it, but no luck)

It's a little hard to see, but there were a few slices in that tire that I could put my hand through. This is my concern

If you're in the area of stock or 31's or 33's we have some old beaters lying around that aren't much to look at but they'll work for a weekend, so long as you're open on at least one end.

-Marisha

Gonna miss this trip afterall, I hope you all have a good time cause I'm wont be! Guy at work needs surgery so I have to work no matter what.

right now i'm planning to run this trip. only problem is i need to bug out on sat. on the asumption that there may not be any 'incomings' on saturday how easy will it be for me to get out to olancha? i'll stop by rei this weekend and pick up a map. i've been on the north side of the park, coming in from the white mtns but have never come in from baker so this should be great. hope to see everybody!

mikeyl said:
right now i'm planning to run this trip. only problem is i need to bug out on sat. on the asumption that there may not be any 'incomings' on saturday how easy will it be for me to get out to olancha? i'll stop by rei this weekend and pick up a map. i've been on the north side of the park, coming in from the white mtns but have never come in from baker so this should be great. hope to see everybody!

It's easy enough. Get the National Geographic Death Valley map.

One week to go!!! Are we going to do a potluck Friday or Saturday night?

:wave: What will be happing a week from tonight.Were will the M & M's, Marisha & Mike have use ??? Not :speepin: and keeping use :laugh3: :laugh3: :exclamati :exclamati
Looking forward to lots :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine: and my Lens is also :exclamati :exclamati :exclamati

The roll call so far

Mike and Marisha
Bill Burge
Clint-Skrracing
Steven-LiquidOps
Tim-5150XJ
Drunk Tank
MikeYL
Lion
karstic

All you guys still in?

Anyone else?

R0 Death Valley Trip Feb 4-6, 2004

For those going on to the w`rm brrings Fri nigh$(Sun moB`inf I `ve a lpt nf iDams tha the caretaker "Lizard Lee" has said he could use when I asked since weterd co `ng bac
in two@qeeks. He ures $`ese it¥as to m`ntain the warm springs (the Park service doesn't). If you would like to help oDp pick &itdm tN$bring hd post `t herepo ve dd't all bring the same items. Thanks.

Toilet paper
Bleach
Bermtda fxasr seda
Lawn jertili*`r

Dammit. I really wanted to go on this one. Anyone up for towstrapping a Peugeot? ;P

bad news for me. things got busy at work and i can't ditch on friday. my plan was to bug out sat eve so i'm thinking dv for the day is a bit over the top. hope everyone has a great time. hope to run it soon.
sorry all, was definatly looking forward to it

Back