• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44

I hate to say this, but maybe the price is a little high for this axle.Something to think about sir. You can use photo bucket to host your pic's for here.It won't cost you anything for this.
Take a pic of the diff cover off to so folks can see the gears and what not

I hate to say it, but $300 doesnt sound too bad. They go for $250 at the JY and you have to take time to find one (if you're lucky), pull it, and haul it out of there. Not a task to take too lightly. $300 is definitely a descent price for a d44 in my opinion, maybe just bad timing. GLWS.

I hate to say it, but $300 doesnt sound too bad. They go for $250 at the JY and you have to take time to find one (if you're lucky), pull it, and haul it out of there. Not a task to take too lightly. $300 is definitely a descent price for a d44 in my opinion, maybe just bad timing. GLWS.

Lol bud I can pull an axle in less than 30 minutes at the junk yard, rent a wheel barrel and bring a friend, it's literally 4 u bolts 4 8mm drive shaft bolts and pull the e brake cables and disconnect the brake lines... Don't make pulling an axle seem like some giant task, everything is easy when you go out there prepared with an electric impact, my buddies invite me just so they can use my tools ...

I paid 200 for a complete Dana 44 october of 2011, I understand everyone's been jacking up the prices since XJ's became more popular again l, but guys like me won't pay 300 for a Dana 44 when we can go to the JY and get an 8.8 for 250 and already have disc brakes and better spline count...

Good luck with the sale but I can bet you they are waiting for you to drop your price $50-100

MaxxXJ is right, its easier to find a 8.25 29spline that's just as durable and strong as a 44 plus the carrier can be either LSD or not and the carrier itself I do believe can already accept gears up to 4.88 without changing carrier.

Back