• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 truss ideas?

desertjr

NAXJA Forum User
My jeeps more of a camper than crawler so I don't need some extra turtle shell style beef. Just a little egg shell beef will work :looney:

Anyway I picked up a d44 and will be rebuilding it for my xj. It's an xj 44 already. I was looking for a simple truss idea, like a piece of 1.5" tube with a 1/4 wall thickness like this..
image_zpsbb6b2b51.jpg

Or even 2x4 or 2x6 so I won't have to plate the void area.

Or a outer sleeve style like this setup for a front Jk axle...
http://synergysuspension.com/Synerg...-HD-Outer-Sleeve-Set-3.0-OD-Tube-p-21272.html

....except buy material and do it myself on the rear d44. I would cut it out so it butted up against the perches & housing. Using 1/4" thick material. I know these d44 tend to bend at the center section so looking for some good ideas? I'm mainly looking to. Strength it. For weight carrying and well hell it's out and getting rebuilt anyway so something simple is a for sure plan.

Iron Rock makes a real nice one and it's cheap.

Richard G

Looks good. Ill. Look into that iro setup more. I'm starting to gauge my jeep as a very mild go fast rig. MILD 99% of the time it's daily driver/camping.

I have posted multiple truss builds/installs. If you cant be bothered to look for it...

I must've known it was today, another day, another bullshit desertjr thread...

:laugh3::roflmao::moon:

I have posted multiple truss builds/installs. If you cant be bothered to look for it...

You seem to be mad bro.

He seems to follow me quite often. Hell if your going to hug my arse so much you wanna wipe it for me to?
Sorry I post threads to get useful info. I could understand if my thread said how do I truss a d44 or something but no I was asking which was better for my type or situation, I even posted pictures I searched for. I dont want something thats not needed or overbuilt because "thats what everyone else does." i want what will work for me. Get off my ass dude seriously. If you don't like what I ask or write, then carry on to something else. It's very very simple.

Really guys? The member posted up with some specific questions and an explanation of why he is looking for the info. This is no way to treat our members. If you don't like what someone posted then don't bother to answer. If you really must offer "guidance" to a newer member how about doing it backchannel. We need to put forth an atmosphere of helpfullness on our site, not bashing other members because you think they post too many questions. Were you treated that way when you were new?

It's a truss..... Stop over thinking it. There is no secret formula for a "99% camping/daily driver 1% mild go fast" rig. save yourself some time and headache and just buy the IRO $100 truss and weld it on.

Already payed for. I was just thinking an outter sleeve thats 1/4" would be "enough". It's give me .5" walls and be cheap & easy. That iro truss can't be beat. Thanks John I know it can get annoying at times for seasoned members to answer the same questions over & over. No hard feelings.

You could stop asking a thousand tarded questions and...

Wait for it....

Search n00b!

I searched, found 2 things that seemed like they worked, asked my question. Again if I was asking how do you truss a 44 or something I'd understand. I was just trying to figure out if a full truss would be need for my application or if a sleeve would be enough.
This isn't PBB:rolleyes:

Why try for just good enough, when you can get one that will be more than enough for the same amount of work/money?

Gofast stuff is harder on rigs than most everything else. Plus, do you really want to find out if your setup is marginal while hauling butt through the whoops at 50+ mph? I sure wouldnt....

Back