• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cylinder 1 misfire - update

Maybe there is a vacuum leak, check the manifold bolts if you haven't already. Did the plugs have a nice tan color to them? just wondering if it's running lean.

Maybe there is a vacuum leak, check the manifold bolts if you haven't already. Did the plugs have a nice tan color to them? just wondering if it's running lean.

Plugs look good, does not appear to be a vacuum leak (at least my cheap gauge does not show one)

Can you hear the misfire? Can you feel the rumble as it skips 1?

Hear and feel it man still to this day! now its on its 8th day sitting, its my only car to get around during the day, i got laid off not like i need to go aware soon but man! iv cleard that dam code sooo many times but unlike yours mine will be fine for a while driving then out of no where it will start to do it, then other days its will do it from the get go? please help!

I'd be spraying with TB cleaner looking for an intake gasket leak at number 1 rather than using a vacuum gauge. Never hurts to check and snug up your intake manifold fasteners with the engine cold. Cheap and easy.

If carbon is suspected, why not run a can of BG44K through one tank of gas? That will clean your injectors and remove carbon and intake deposits like nobody's business.

I'd be spraying with TB cleaner looking for an intake gasket leak at number 1 rather than using a vacuum gauge. Never hurts to check and snug up your intake manifold fasteners with the engine cold. Cheap and easy.

If carbon is suspected, why not run a can of BG44K through one tank of gas? That will clean your injectors and remove carbon and intake deposits like nobody's business.

I know it's not an injector because I moved the injectors around. I'm pretty sure it's not the manifold as everything is tight there....

If you suspect carbon deposits, I would run a can of BG44K through one tank of gas. It will clean your injectors, remove intake deposits, and clean carbon out of the combustion chamber.

Vacuum leak at the intake gasket to # 1 cylinder? Check it with TB cleaner to isolate the problem.
Couldn't hurt to snug up the intake manifold fasteners with the engine cold anyway. They're known for loosening up.

I know it's not an injector because I moved the injectors around. I'm pretty sure it's not the manifold as everything is tight there....

Well then, how about spraying TB cleaner to verify? Do you really think you should leave stones unturned at this point?

44K is ALWAYS a good idea and if you've got a carbon deposit in the cylinder, it will clean it out.

Kejtar-
Might try preheating, say, the right side of engine compartment, to see if a preheat changes time till it trips code from a cold start. Repeat for left side , then cabin area.

This hopefully, would give a clue to see IF its electrics or mechanical.

A hairdryer or small ceramic heater and go for say 10-20*F prewarm. Trouble light down low overnite.

That it is only cyl #1 is strange. That and the warmup clue leads somewhere. (hopefully!)

GOOD LUCK ,
Orange

What could be different on #1 cylinder vs the other ones?? Just brainstorming??????

What about the wire and connector to the #1 injector? Make sure the connector is secure and clean. Examine the wire closely back to the PCM. There is probably a plug on the PCM end that could be cleaned too.

What could be different on #1 cylinder vs the other ones?? Just brainstorming??????

What about the wire and connector to the #1 injector? Make sure the connector is secure and clean. Examine the wire closely back to the PCM. There is probably a plug on the PCM end that could be cleaned too.

No wire, notconnector, not plug not injector. They were all tested and or bypassed and ir replaced.

I can add one of mine to the list for throwing the same code... new plugs, wires,cap, rotor,seafoamed ......still will throw that code at times but is smooth with no felt miss under load.

Ok so now it just keeps getting worse and worse, today i went to start the jeep now it is misfireing at idle and under load, and now there is the smell of unburnt gas and some smoke coming from god knows where i cant see anything leaking? i have now gave up, i do not have the money to take it into my local trustworthy shop, unemployed and going in n out of the hospital due to my illness just tops it all off, guess she sits tell i figure somthing out.

Fuel rail clogged?

Back