• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CSF Radiator Issue

uber xj

NAXJA Forum User
On my 99 XJ I am replacing my factory radiator with a CSF 3-row. I purchased used and is supposedly p/n CSF2671 (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/detai ... F2671.html)

The issue I am having is the transmission fluid return line (upper DS of rad below filler neck) compression fitting nipple is larger than the factory compression fitting nut that is connected to the hardline.

The factory compression nut will not fit. It will grab a thead and get right really quick then as you keep turning it just pushes the nut off the fitting.

I need to know what size fitting comes on the CSF radiator. It should be bolt in so I am confused why there is a difference in the size of the fitting.

Anybody have any ideas or possible solutions? And has anybody ran into this before and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks!

Jeff
100.gif

just completed install on same but in an '00. everything fit really well. maybe some steel wool or a wire brush will take it down just enough? or call CSF to see what they recommend.

Did an install of CSF last week on a 99, no issues.
Make sure there is no paint on any mating surface. I had to clean the quick
disconnect joint and all hose surfaces before assembly.

Thanks for the input. IF for some reason the rad isn't the part the selling indicated but rather from an earlier model, I wonder if that fitting would be just a hair different.

I did call CSF yesterday but I have not heard back on the dimensions of that fitting. I will try cleaning off both male and female thread surfaces...

I got a hold of CSF and the proper thread is 5/8" - 18 SAE fitting. I picked up a 5/8" female barb cut off the factory hardline and ran new hose from the barb fitting down to where the factory hardline and softline meet and ran a 5/16 to 3/8" hose splice.

Haven't filled and ran it yet to check for leaks...

Back