• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crazy Russians...

Don't sweat it. You'd be amazed at some of the contraptions that have been built in barns in the country.

Where did they come up with that transmission that split the power and varied it to each float. That would be a great concept today in the snow covered areas.

Shoot, it'd probably be pretty fun out here in the desert sands too!

Where did they come up with that transmission that split the power and varied it to each float. That would be a great concept today in the snow covered areas.
I'd bet on a pretty standard differential, and cutting brakes, similar to a tracked tractor.

Nothing the Russian do surprise me, not after spending 7 years in the Navy during the cold war either tracking them in a fast attack or hiding from them in a boomer. However the funniest was when I spent a year or so flying on P3's out of Willow Grove NAS, the antics they went thru when they heard pattern of sonobouys hit the water was hilarious, even funnier was when the second pattern went down....ah, the good old days when you KNEW who the bad guys were and they weren't in washington like they are now....

So much for tread lightly! :roflmao:

Back