• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crazy lift, overload, bass akwards axle wrap prevention???

jpbxj79

NAXJA Forum User
Was out at Andersons' today looking for taillights, and some other stuff(got to see them crush my red cherokee, #2) and I saw what I thought were bent leafs popping out from under this little blue number. Turned out to be these:
P1010045.jpg

P1010044.jpg

P1010043.jpg

Any Ideas?? It also has 1" poly spacers up front, thought they might be to prevent saggs in the rear. Thought it was interesting. Jim

Also seems to have some Rancho shocks, gas tank skid and rear tow hook (factory bracket?)..... nice assortment of parts on it.

Tow hooks, yes. Rancho 5's, yes. Gas tank skid, yes... sort of. It's got a hole in the bottom, patched with 16ga. and a handy little exhaust hanger made out of bailing wire welded (kinda') to the sheet metal patch. Must have gotten in the way of those sweet overloads. Should have taken pics of that!

Rockslut said:
It is a weak JC Whitney style overload spring

BINGO those look just like the ones I got from JCW for my old S10 (n) they really didn't help at all.

Back