• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CRAPPY SELLERS and BAD BUSINESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the Internet, not the 1950's. Things like "my word is my bond" "a hand shake seals the deal" and stuff like that doesn't apply here. Cash is king.

It would have been bad business for him to turn down a face to face cash offer because some stranger on the Internet "made payment arrangements"

To be honest I bought tires from him and he made me give him one I was throwing away AND jump his zj and after all that I still had to pay the full price I lowballed him at, and on the day of our lords resurrection no less

If the seller (Pat) is anything like me he tires of all the internet kiddies lowballin and seeing how cheap they can get something... with no intentions of following through with the deal and money never comes. I think it's a new sport or something..

Not saying thats the case with the OP but how is Pat to know? He did the right thing and took the sure thing cash deal in person on the spot.

Cash talks..BS walks..

I agree with Mr. Simon however I don't believe it should be that way. I agree with Earl, If you tell someone they are yours then you should have at least said that if someone showed up with cash before I recieve your Paypal money then I'm going to sell them. I'd be pissed off. I don't think he was being a bitch about his post. He was expressing his opinion which you did as well. I think Earl was very respectful and didn't throw your name out there. CTeunuch, you could have just dropped it as easily but instead you threw your name up here. I think you just wanted to make yourself feel better for screwing someone out of parts he wanted. I can't say i've had any bad dealings buying or selling on this site. I be pissed if it happened to me three times in a row as well.
As for you calling Earl names, That's rather childish. I think it says alot about you. I guess he should feel blessed he didn't buy your parts.
Stukboy

I agree with Mr. Simon however I don't believe it should be that way. I agree with Earl, If you tell someone they are yours then you should have at least said that if someone showed up with cash before I recieve your Paypal money then I'm going to sell them. I'd be pissed off. I don't think he was being a bitch about his post. He was expressing his opinion which you did as well. I think Earl was very respectful and didn't throw your name out there. CTeunuch, you could have just dropped it as easily but instead you threw your name up here. I think you just wanted to make yourself feel better for screwing someone out of parts he wanted. I can't say i've had any bad dealings buying or selling on this site. I be pissed if it happened to me three times in a row as well.
As for you calling Earl names, That's rather childish. I think it says alot about you. I guess he should feel blessed he didn't buy your parts.
Stukboy

I shouldn't have to explain the idea of first come first serve to someone. Like I said before, that's the way the world works. I've had people string me along for months before saying they would buy something, and turned down other opportunities for a sale, only to have the original 'buyer' back out. I'm not going through that BS anymore.
You're right, I could have dropped it, but I'm not going to let someone go around posting that I'm a "crappy seller" or that I do "bad business" when it isn't true. We all have opinions, and we can all express them, but I didn't **** anyone over so I won't sit idly by while my reputation is tarnished. I don't need to tell him off to make myself feel better, I sleep just fine at night knowing I did what I felt was right. At the end of the day I look out for myself, not someone I've never met and don't owe any favors.
As far as the name calling, you're right I could have gone without it and still made my point, but I was pissed off that I was being called out so I spoke my mind. If Earl, or anyone else, can't deal with being referred to as a whiny bitch, then they shouldn't act like one. He could have hashed it out with me via PM, but instead he posted in multiple places looking for sympathy because he didn't get what he wanted. Too bad, that's life, move on and suck it up like a man.

Seeing as he never sold them to you (money never changed hands) and even told you via PM that he'd sold them so you wouldn't send the money for no reason, I'm not sure what you're so up in arms about.

If it makes you feel any better I owed pat a mom's night out and never gave it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back