• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crappy day just got worse

hiimmred

NAXJA Forum User
So 9am today the company I work for was sold to some tool of a guy. It is going to be real hard for me to work with him.

12:35pm we get a call about my friend and co-worker Dan, 27 years old, 2 kids under 5, one of the truly great guys to know and hang out with. He had surgery a couple weeks ago for a problem with his pancreas. It didn't go so well....he passed away today. I'm really bummed right now.

So long Dan, you won't be forgotten, I'm a better person for having known you, may your higher power look over you and your beautiful family.

Sorry, just had to do something in remembrance.

Ed

no need to say sorry, but i am sorry to hear about your loss.

That really sucks Ed. Sorry to hear that.

I recently lost my running coach, so I know how it feels.

So, in remembrance of my friend I went to the local tavern that I frequent with my now ex-boss, to discuss the sale and tip a few in honor of Dan. I stayed a little later than usual and something very freaky happened, I went to the can to relieve myself and went back to my seat at the bar and a woman had seated herself quite close to my abandoned stool. I kidded her to be careful that I might bite.. and she responded that she was having a bad day and I said it couldn't get much worse than how my day had gone. I said I had just lost my friend Dan and she said "I just lost someone named Dan Logoki, I was his chaplain at the hospital, and she was pretty broken up." Well the "Dan" she was referring to is my friend. I'm not a big "God" person, I would say I'm agnostic if asked to describe myself. WOW, that's all I can say right now, I need some time to ponder this, but what are the odds?

So, in remembrance of my friend I went to the local tavern that I frequent with my now ex-boss, to discuss the sale and tip a few in honor of Dan. I stayed a little later than usual and something very freaky happened, I went to the can to relieve myself and went back to my seat at the bar and a woman had seated herself quite close to my abandoned stool. I kidded her to be careful that I might bite.. and she responded that she was having a bad day and I said it couldn't get much worse than how my day had gone. I said I had just lost my friend Dan and she said "I just lost someone named Dan Logoki, I was his chaplain at the hospital, and she was pretty broken up." Well the "Dan" she was referring to is my friend. I'm not a big "God" person, I would say I'm agnostic if asked to describe myself. WOW, that's all I can say right now, I need some time to ponder this, but what are the odds?

dang man, I'm really sorry bout your day...
and there's no way something like that could happen by chance, there's always a reason for everything!

Sorry about your Loss man. I just lost my step mom suddenly in february. We weren't too close but its still been hard on my dad. I wish his family well!

Wow Ed you never told me sorry for loss i remeber Jon saying something about this i thought it was a while ago. Thats crazy about knowing the same Dan ive had things like that happen before and all i can say is its all part of a bigger picture. You both needed someone to talk to and there she was. Just weired it happend to be for the same guy. Anyway sorry for your loss ED at least he had a good friend!!!!!!!!

Back