• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crack Addict

You have to put up with driving by braille and dumb jarhead jokes.
You might not have seen pics of my rig... :eyes:

It started out as a really pretty mallcrawler, then last May I pulled the carpet to do some wiring and discovered it has terminal cancer. So I chopped most of it out, booger welded in mostly new metal, and have been having a blast beating the bag off it since then :firedevil

dumb jarhead jokes are cool too, so long as you explain them to this ignorant civvy.

If I make it out there, it'll be one of 3 ways:
* hitch a ride with a friend on the way out, since he's working on his pilot's license and works alternate weeks in chicago and worcester. Hitch a ride back, or get a one way ticket.
* make sure I can hitch a ride back with him or buy a one way ticket, drive my rig out, beat the crap out of it, then part/junk it or drive it back depending on its condition.
* buy a round trip plane ticket (looks like 200 bucks to o'hare, anyone going by there Friday on their way to Attica?)

At least I don't have metal in my right eye this time around, that's what stopped me from going to WF last year.

If I was going to show up planning on wheeling it'd be 1400 bucks in diesel for the tow rig. I just plain can't afford that.

Still hoping to make it, but might have to steal a seat from someone.

We'll find you a seat if you show up! As for flying, how much is it for a ticket to Indy? I can be at the airport in 45 minutes from my house.

stripper poles!
gigity.gif

daymn im cheeper tha i thought:D

I budget $2000 for the whole trip. I usually come home with plenty left over, but I have been known to buy a bunch of raffle tickets, LOTS of beer, parts and food..lodging will at least be cheaper this year since we are using the camper.

tell me about it! I haul 16+ hours round trip, feed the truck diesel, food for 2, lodging, raffle tickets, buying stuff at the swap meet, fuel the XJ, graciously donate to the pot luck and/or the raffle......and an occassional hooker. I always have come home with money in pocket, but I budget for a good time :D

Cheese "gotta pay to play" Man

Dang! 2k for wf. I think I will only be into the trip itself about $200-$250. As far as parts stuff of the like I dont really know.

I'm gonna be about 300 into it because now I have to put new drum shoes on the axle i'm swapping after WF! :smsoap: I hate drums!

Well, my buddy has been itching to wheel his WJ. He is coming to WF. Its nice(IRO longarm kit, 32's, Moabs, Iceland winch bumper and flares) and he is gonna run revs run........I warned him, this may get interesting.

you doing revs run too aaron?

aside from all the money being spent I am still excited about WF and is still all I have been talking about. Good thing the girlfriend is kind of into it to or Im sure I would get the whole "you mention that one more time and I'm going to castrate you" look.

I think I may be in on Rev's Saturday as well...

99SJ 'It's gona happen at some point, might as well be now...' Ex

cool me too

be good to us Rev :D

I'm more worried about the WJ thats gonna be with us! I don't think he is as worried as me so this oughta be fun!

Back