• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CPS scope picture test

McQue

NAXJA Forum User
jeep015.jpg

A bit fuzzy but looks like what I would expect. Amplitude? Where were you sampling the signal from?

i didnt know child protective services had a scope!

A bit fuzzy but looks like what I would expect. Amplitude? Where were you sampling the signal from?

I sampled that signal by piercing the wire in the harness about 2 feet before it enters the PCM... amplitude was almost 4.8 volts. Picture stinks because I took it at an angle in the dark of my garage,with a cheap, hand held, digital camera. I was happy to get a good look at 1 full revolution of the flywheel.

Next thing I an going to check is Cam Shaft Position Sensor on Channel 1 versus Crank Shaft postioning sensor on Channel 2 to see how well things are in synch...

Jeep is an 01...Not experiencing any problems... just want to check to see if anything is getting weak or mechanically sloppy in these two circuits.

Think I will just use a couple of scotchlock splice connectors and connect up a permanent 2 pin test connector to the harness wires. ...My autoxray scanner reads out the rest of my sensors so I should be all set with these two splices.

Awesome I have been wanting to get a look at these signals for a while now! Just never wanted to lug the scope downstairs and outside.

Rather than splice a connector in, I would get a connector pair at the junkyard and splice it together to act as an extension cord a few inches long, then splice into that and only insert it in the circuit when testing. The less you leave open for crap to accumulate in during normal use, the better.

yea... I want to minimize the wire modifications to the harness, so I plan to simply tap only those two sinal lines with short pigtail that will be capped until I need I need them.

Back