• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

courthouse shooting

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone else see this? Its been all over FoxNews today. Apparently the guy went in with an AK and left 3 dead, including his ex-wife. Police chased him and finally shot him. He seemed pretty dead when he fell out of his car at the end. I've probably got this all screwed up, but yeah, pretty crazy...

I never quite caught that cause here at work, they all hate the sound of the TV in the background. All I was able to see was the short headlines across the screen.

This was on last night too...

It was all about paying child support ... an innocent bystander tried to save the ex-wife and was killed in the process.

BlackSport96 said:
Anyone else see this? Its been all over FoxNews today. Apparently the guy went in with an AK and left 3 dead, including his ex-wife. Police chased him and finally shot him. He seemed pretty dead when he fell out of his car at the end. I've probably got this all screwed up, but yeah, pretty crazy...

The bystander had a CCW and tried to help, as well as two cops that were also shot, More people need to get CCW"s and be willing to use them.. The sick part is the scum bag shot his son too....

Yeah, it was in Tyler,TX. Also true on the nutjob shooting his exwife and son. Im 50 miles from Tyler so its been splattered all over the news here. Damn Texans....

Mike

St Louis had a sorta similar shooting last night also. Dude shot his soon to be ex wife and their babysitter (with the kids there) and fled the scene in his suburban. The cops stopped chasing when he exceeded 100 (kept a chopper in the air and cop cars sitting alongside the freeway in different spots to radio in) but he kept on going. He finally lost control, went off the highway, clipped a guard rail which ripped the left front tire off, hit a dip in the ground and flew over 4 lanes of traffic and impacted on the shoulder, flipping four times after that. During the flips he was ejected and the truck almost rolled over on top of him. He was alive when the cops got there, they handcuffed him, put him an ambulance and he was DOA at the hospital.

Wasn't it just one night past a full moon?

Sarge

People are just crazy. I know stuff like this probably happened 40 yrs ago, but not quite some common.

BlackSport96 said:
People are just crazy. I know stuff like this probably happened 40 yrs ago, but not quite some common.
The way child support laws are set up in this country, I am surprised that we don't hear of more incidents like this. If you're a guy, you are in the wrong when it comes to child support (thanks to organizations like NOW) and you will pay, simply because you have a penis.

Think about this for a minute:
If the government sepped in and told married couples that they have to spend EXACTLY so many dollars a month directly toward support of the kids before the parents could pay any household bills (including rent/mortgage) or before any emergency payments, married couples around the country would rebel. What happens in the married world when you are trying to save some money? The vacation trip goes on hold, you tighten the belt, and you save the money.

However, when a couple is divorced or has child support issues for whatever reason, the man is ordered to pay $x,xxx every month before he is allowed to use any income towards his own expenses, including rent. Emergency? Tough shit, you have to pay the set amount or you will have wages garnished, professional licenses and driver's licenses taken away, and you can be thrown in jail without due process. It's bullshit ladies and gentlemen, and the only people that give a crap about it are the ones on the receiving end of the big shit-stick.

I actually read an article a little back about the situation with child support laws.I agree completely with you on this one. To me its the stupidest thing I've ever heard of because if the man has a high-paying job at the time of divorce, his child support is set to that. But, if say the woman moves away and the man follows so he can keep seeing his kids and gets a lower paying job, he still is expected to pay the original amount. Even if he doesn't make nearly enough to cover that plus living expenses. Then if he doesn't make the full amount he's sent to prison where he makes no money and the kids don't get any money out of him. Not like they saw much to begin with cuz most of the money never makes it past the government.

You're almost right. In most cases he doesn't have to let her move to the new place with the kids, but I'll tell ya that even 65 miles difference makes it tough to really have a lot of good quality time with 'em.

If the man's job situation changes, he can apply to have the support payments modified but many judges will look at his earning potential and not actual income when assigning support payments. In some ways I was lucky in this regard as my X claimed she couldn't work and couldn't support herself. At her shyster's lawyer's advice she showed up in court with two brand-new wrist braces and cried that she had Carpal Tunnel (repetitive eating injury, I guess) and therefore couldn't work. Boo-hoo for her...the judge noted that HE has C.T. as well, and still pulls a 40+ hour week. I'm still liable for half my after-tax wages to her every month...and she gets to choose which craphole "restaurant" the kids get their daily doses of MSG from.

Man, don't start me on the CS thing. Mine was set when I worked at Boeing and now I make 1/3 of that. If I weren't remarried I would be living in my work van. I can ask for a review but only every 36 months and if you miss dotting an I or crossing a T then you must wait another 36 months. After Boeing I had trouble getting a good paying job and fell behind. The instant I hit $5000 the cops were at the door and I almost went to jail for being behind. About 9 months ago the state told me I was caught up and adjusted the garnish to reflect that. So the new wife and I do the taxes and the state yanks the taxes?! When I filed the taxes I was caught up (little less than a week ago) and when the taxes were coming to us all of a sudden I'm $3500-$4000 behind. The local office says I'm behind that much but the state office says I'm caught up. After contacting the right folks (not an easy thing in and of itself) I was told "we will investigate this and let you know what's up" but that it may take 6 months. Mean while we begin to price cardboard box condo's.

Yet my new wifes ex is $24,000+ in the hole and goes on his merry way right down the damn road from us.

Sarge

Yea, I live in Tyler. Apparently the guy with the AK was wearing a kevlar vest as well. He killed his wife and son, and then a guy who lived in an appartment across from the court house heard the shooting and went out with his pistol to try and stop the guy. Unfortunently he only shot at the guys chest so he was killed too. I swear, our whole town is going to pieces. This shooting, then they caught a murderer who was hiding here earlier last week, then there was the lady who was kidnapped from wal-mart and found dead 100miles away, and the high schools have had riots and student started fires. I'm affraid of the generation behind me.

I am afraid for them to we can thank all the people in power screwing it up for them right now I wouldnt want to be a kid by the time my daugther hits college ASU will be 85k a semester some how I dont think my wages will keep up with that I can however pay with a investment program at the cost of living till then...Man what a f&^%%ed up world we have way to many chiefs making bad decsions its time to start thinning out the herd :mad: I fear for her but I do all I can....
themud

Just a quick note, and I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, periods and commas help every once in a while when you are posting something. It helps us follow what you are saying.

Back