• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

couple Colorado law questions

Yes Im a police officer and you guyz are mostly right.....I dont know too many of us that would write a ticket for off road vehicles many of us have Jeeps, yotas or some sort of lifted vehicle....heck Ive even stopped someone just to talk to them about there XJ....scares the crap out of them but sometimes its the only way i can meet new people!!!!!:shocked:

Now that is funny... i bet your a guy that pulls over hot chicks just to get a look see :D

I have been pulled over for plate light not on/workin a few times
been ticketed for tinted front windows a few times
exhaust tickets
front plate improperly located
been pulled over n new jeep and been told it's a distraction to other drivers. Stupid stuff but the city of co springs likes to nickel and dime ya

got another one: doors. remove them in summertime? or is that not legal? mn is was unlawful, but no one hassled me about it.
btw, i finnally made it. 16 hrs 25 minutes total. 5 stops for gas. i drove my xj. hope to finally meet some of you guys. mn hads very few members, infact, as far as i know, i was the closest one for an hour sn a half.

A bunch of us have done it, including me, and I've never had or heard of any issues with the law because of it.
Good to hear you made it out ok :thumbup:
If ya ski or snowboard, we're having a M&G up at Breckenridge later this month... or if you wanna learn how, I'm supposed to be teaching a few people while we're up. Cmon up and introduce yourself and meet some of us.

Yes Im a police officer and you guyz are mostly right.....I dont know too many of us that would write a ticket for off road vehicles many of us have Jeeps, yotas or some sort of lifted vehicle....heck Ive even stopped someone just to talk to them about there XJ....scares the crap out of them but sometimes its the only way i can meet new people!!!!!:shocked:
correct me if Im wrong but I do believe the issue as far as height is concerned ,is head lights and tail lights height ?

got another one: doors. remove them in summertime? or is that not legal? mn is was unlawful, but no one hassled me about it.
btw, i finnally made it. 16 hrs 25 minutes total. 5 stops for gas. i drove my xj. hope to finally meet some of you guys. mn hads very few members, infact, as far as i know, i was the closest one for an hour sn a half.

This was a pet project of mine years ago. I wanted to know the legality. Talked to Larimer County, Fort Collins PD and State Patrol. Got a bunch of hemming and hawing, nobody seemed too concerned. The most specific answer I got was that it would be fine if the vehicle had door sills to keep crap from rolling out onto the road- and provisions for a mirror.

Are you a State Trooper? I had a trooper pull me over on I-25 a couple of years to ask questions on building his XJ and I gave him some info on NAXJA.

Back