• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

-cool pictures thread-

One of my fellow FF's on our old stick Egine 2. Largest fire in the citys history. When E2 was purchased back in the 70's one of the first calls it went on was the then largest fire in the citys history. The fire in the pic was one of it's last. I pumped that old truck all night while the much newer trucks went back to the station, broke down. Engine 2 now lives in Fairplay at NW Fire. We replaced it with a 100' articulating boom ladder truck.
This pic was published in Firehouse Magazine.
PICT0186.jpg

The new Ladder 1. Truck was shown at FDIC in Indy 2009.
Ladder1.jpg

dood, that top pic is epic -- I thought that was Kurt Russell there for a second!

Pretty much, the train got 2 consecutive detectors one east of Cheyenne Wells then crews changed at Sharron Spgs and visually inspected the train in the van, the next detector got em again east of Sharron. The Dispatcher told them to stop imediately to inspect the train. When the conductor got off, he got back to where the journal was virtually ground to nothing and the wheel was against the body of the car. The dispatcher told them not to move until some else okay'd it to move. Well needless to say, 15 minutes and that 600* wheel = roasting marshmellows.

Back