• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Congrats Mark and Jen

CHW

NAXJA Forum User
Last night some of the NAC crowd had the honor of looking on as Lawncher took the plunge into matrimony. He and his lovely bride will be wheeling the islands for the next week in a rented (right hand drive) XJ.

Hope they have a great time.

My Congratulations to the Happy Couple!

Way to go Mark & Jenn! So sorry I couldn't make your wedding, but having a girl who's the Maid Of Honor in another wedding does have some pull. I heard the ceremony was beautiful, and that everything went off without a hitch (other than you two :D . Looking forward to seeing you two again, have a great honeymoon!

Little too many Jeep cracks durring the night but other than that it was a great time. Best of Luck for the two of them. And best of luck with the company who rented mark the cherokee down there. You know he is going to find a little trail down there and get it stuck or roll it over or something.

PeterBuilt

Congrats Mark and Jen!!!! So was there an XJ procession to the reception?? That would have been cool!! Sorry that Leah and I could not make it to the festivities. Wish you all the best!

A.

CONGRATS MARK! HOPE UR HAVING FUN ON THE HONEYMOON. SEE YA AROUND SOON.

"jeep" equivalent my ass!

Well, the wedding was great, I was pleased to see all those who could make it. The Grand Cayman honeymoon was pleasant, very relaxing, but I got bored after about 3 days. Unless you are a beach bum or a scuba diver, there really isn't that much to do.

Apparently Jen had made arrangements for a "jeep or equivalent..." we got a bright red 2-door 2wd 4-cyl. automatic soft-top Suzuki Vitara. Can you just see the excitement on my face? (sic)

Well, we went exploring out on one of the points on the island, and at least found some dirt roads with mud puddles to drive through, winding around in the mangrove swamps and occasionally finding our way to the beach. The cute-ute didn't get stuck (due more to my better judgement than its own capabilities,) but wasn't much fun to drive either. It has no power,requires an oddliy high level of steering effort, and is very boring due to some non-empirical purely subjective reason. The only nice thing about it is the fuel tank skid plate which seems to come standard.

I did see several XJ's (mostly 2wd) and 2 MJ's... one had a fabricated flat bed which didn't compliment the body lines at all and looked rather bad IMHO. The range of vehicles down there was very extensive, from all the usual things one sees in the States to some rather exotic vehicles from foreign shores... Nissan Patrol, Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, Daihatsu Rocky, and Suzuki Jimny. It wasn't too difficult adjusting to driving on the left side of the road, but pulling out onto the road and making turns at intersections did take some concentration to overcome my driving instincts and reflexes.

It is good to be back, and even better to be driving my fleet again. See you all soon!

But what about the babes in bikinis??? Thongs????? Remember, don't let the truth stand in the way of a good story.

Back