• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ColoradoFest 2010 Update

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
After fighting a shirt printer that went belly up on me, here is the latest for the ColoradoFest 2010.

ColoradoFest attendance fee will be $20 per rig and includes a magnetic ColoradoFest sticker and one Friday night BBQ ticket. Additional BBQ tickets will be $10 for adults and $5 for kids under 12.

Camping is $10 per person per night. We will collect it and pay the campground.

RV spots need to be arranged with the campground. The group camping spot is up on top of a hill. The road up to it is steep (their idea of steep) and they are worried about us spinning going up the road and tearing up their road, so trailers are supposed to be parked down the hill. They will show us the spot.

They had a bad experience with another "jeep" group doing cookies and spinning their tires, so we need to be on our best behavior.

I plan on getting there early on Monday morning, so if there are any others planning the same timeframe, we should probably start another thread to discuss meeting up for the trail.

Registration fees will be collected in BV and safety inspections are required before any trail run. I will post up the requirements, but they are the same as always.

I will start a signup thread so we can get an idea of who is showing up when. Camp sites are first come, first served.

You know you can't live without my BBQ. And as my grandpappy used to say..... some people would bitch if you hung them with a new rope.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass. :moon:

well if ya didnt wait til last second to post this info up we could have set aside enough money for this

the group site starts on sunday night yes???

I will double check since I will be there then.

You need to bring your own. You can rent a cabin for $$$ if you want to upgrade, but it will not be close to the rest of the roudy crowd.

well if ya didnt wait til last second to post this info up we could have set aside enough money for this

Mike - as far as I know there has always been a nightly fee for camping at the COFest campgrounds. At least there was last year and I believe it was $10/night then too. It's a passthrough cost - it goes straight to the campground.

The only difference this year is we're charging the $20 registration, which gets you the vehicle magnet and dinner on Friday. It also helps the chapter out by providing a tiny bit of income so we can keep doing stuff like this.

So really, we're only asking you to set aside $20 more than any other year. I'm looking forward to hanging with ya and running some trails, so I hope this won't be a big deal. :thumbup:

all i heard about the past cofests led me to think it was a lot cheaper for the event...
and whether i was misinformed or i misunderstood i dunno...

reguardless, ill be there to wheel carnage with led and ken and whoever else, but otherwise will probably ened up running other trails or heading back home as i dont have the funds or time to make this happen. all of what i make is spent between bills, getting setup for school, and keeping jeep going. Provided more time than 2 weeks to get the money together i would attend, but due to lack of time frame i cant get make it happen.

I'll most likely be rolling in on Monday or Tuesday and leave on Saturday. It also looks like I will be wheeling the wife's rig as my heep has a whole lot that needs to be done to it and I have no time to do it.

I'll most likely be rolling in on Monday or Tuesday and leave on Saturday. It also looks like I will be wheeling the wife's rig as my heep has a whole lot that needs to be done to it and I have no time to do it.

B.S.!!!!!! I'm still building mine and will likely finish it the day before we leave ! get to work

Mike -- I'll have an extra bed in the trailer on Friday night, so bring funds for 1/2 of one night and BBQ, and enjoy the event. I plan on wheeling somewhere Friday and heading home Saturday.:cool:

I should be gettin cash from someone who owes me some, if so I'll be staying with naxja group

Given that I will be solo, I'll likely bring a small tent and crash at the group site, leaving the trailer home...

Back