• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

um, no. :eyes:

You don't need to make an appointment with Steve to see Mr. Wiggles...

It appears I have bent my trailers front axle both tires on it are worn on the inside the passenger is at half tread and I only got 600 miles on it the back roads are pretty tough on these little 3500s with the pot holes and deep ruts unevenly loading them , so I will unload the Jeep check to see what's bent tube or spindle if the tube I will just temp fix it with a bottle jack bend and truss the tube with some angle Iron on top to stiffen it up and use it for the run to Buena Vista if the spindle is bent I will rent a U-haul and tell them I'm towing...lol...a "cherokee" ... Either way I think it's time to order a 5200lb axle package for $1300 shipped you get 4 new d load range tires all hardware and 2 complete braking axles .

Seems even a Jedi Jeep mechanic can make a rookie Padawon mistake and cross two spark plug wires, LMAO. Gotta love these fixes that do not require pulling the timing chain cover, or a head job :)

Had the #3 and #4 plug wires criss-crossed. And it still ran like a beast above idle. But it had a shake at idle. Runs like a new engine for the first time in 13 years now, only 290,000 miles on it. The 87 Wagoneer XJ.

And I survived another year this week:party:

Perhaps I am not getting old for this shit, LOL. Yet

Well..... some amazing cars at Mecum. Was interesting that so many cars were not local..... like not even close to local. New Jersey, Wisconsin, Oregon, California......

The FSJ Cherokee was just as amazing in person as expected.

The money must not have been in Denver........LOTS of no sale cars.

There were also a bunch of crap cars at Mecum. Bondo buckets, dealership high mileage rejects.....

I gotta say though, Barrett-Jackson is a much better show. Mecum is just an auction. Nothing else to do or see there.

Wish photobucket was working. Got pics of a twin to one of my high school cars.

Well I put a flowmaster hp2 muffler on and I must say I'm quite disappointed. I truly expected it to be much quieter than it is, especially for something labeled "hush power." I realized I bought the smaller muffler later, but damn it loud. Quieter than the glass pack but not by a whole lot. I think I'm going to add the glass pack in as well and see if I can tone it back a little more. Driving the passes at speed is pretty ruthless sound wise.

Well I put a flowmaster hp2 muffler on and I must say I'm quite disappointed. I truly expected it to be much quieter than it is, especially for something labeled "hush power." I realized I bought the smaller muffler later, but damn it loud. Quieter than the glass pack but not by a whole lot. I think I'm going to add the glass pack in as well and see if I can tone it back a little more. Driving the passes at speed is pretty ruthless sound wise.

Interesting to hear that.

I've heard a lot of good things about them. I'm *planning* on getting one for the buggy.

I've got a Pypes M80 muffler (it's a straight through though) and its horrible when I'm consistently at 2k RPM. The drone makes me want to wear ear plugs after a bit.

Then again, I'm running an open rig, and the muffler dumps not far after the passenger seat.

At least the HP2 would have SOME chambering.

Well..... some amazing cars at Mecum. Was interesting that so many cars were not local..... like not even close to local. New Jersey, Wisconsin, Oregon, California......

The FSJ Cherokee was just as amazing in person as expected.

The money must not have been in Denver........LOTS of no sale cars.

There were also a bunch of crap cars at Mecum. Bondo buckets, dealership high mileage rejects.....

I gotta say though, Barrett-Jackson is a much better show. Mecum is just an auction. Nothing else to do or see there.

Wish photobucket was working. Got pics of a twin to one of my high school cars.

How much did that SJ go for?

in this case, YES!

good. I would have wept if it would have sold for something within a budget I could have assembled!

I put one of their Big Block mufflers (70 series?) on my truck behind the 401 V8. It has the Flowmaster sound without being stupid loud. But it's huge. It works well under a long bed pickup where it has room to fit.

Interesting to hear that.

I've heard a lot of good things about them. I'm *planning* on getting one for the buggy.

I've got a Pypes M80 muffler (it's a straight through though) and its horrible when I'm consistently at 2k RPM. The drone makes me want to wear ear plugs after a bit.

Then again, I'm running an open rig, and the muffler dumps not far after the passenger seat.

At least the HP2 would have SOME chambering.

I wonder if the longer one would be better? I have zero interior left so everything just echos around inside. It's good quality muffler that looks well built, just not impressed with the sound reduction.

My Borla has an aggressive idle, but at highway speed...can't even hear it.
Also put on free-flowing flowmaster cat.
Stainless header into 2.25 exhaust...into 2.5 cat & muffler...into stock tailpipe(until I fab a new one).

i had a flowmaster 70 on the WJ -- worst ever. Way loud, droned at highway speeds. Replaced with a cheapy thrush turbo, MUCH better.

Back