• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

What is with the colored square trend in XJ grills?? both the above rigs have em...
jeep-jk-xj-cherokee-pathkiller-jp-magazine-favorite-jeep-of-day-2-2016-sema-front.jpg

the grey XJK is completely bad ass -- I would buy that tomorrow.

Last edited:

Lol...went to 35s on the tow rig and still have the 3.73s and Today was first time pulling the Jeep like that....lol...a Diesel is seeeew forgiving the tow home up 285 was a good test and now I do not see a need for 4.56 gears can easily pull the grades ...not sure but towing the grades is almost as fun as beating on the Jeep .

So to answer the barrage of texts and pm's about what the hell is going on.
No. I'm not having a kid.
The xj got my feet wet back into piecing things together and let me see where I was on getting better at doing so. I stumbled across an absolutely stupid deal (thanks led) and snagged the base to a new project. Some work needs undone. Some needs finished. And I need funds. But here's the basis.
Going to be 4.0 aw4 231/300 60/10.5 (spool/weld 5.38) 40's 112-116 wb (really leaning to 113" and shooting for a 20" belly. C/o all corners. 3-link panhard front with full hydro and tri 4 rear.
So ya.

Dubbed the 'Spicy Jalapeño'

If you were having a kid the first I would say is congratulations...who's the Dad ?

And I knew it was a Wrangler you have shatty poker face....as to coilovers why not ORI I'm getting ready to pull the $3000 trigger on them ...lol...those new rubber and couple small items will be it for about a year...but all the tire smoke yesterday did nothing to put a v8 out of my mind infact aftet talking to Lubes I am now only looking at the lq9 they are less than I thought .

:roflmao: smartass !
I want to keep it plated for potential street time so c/o seems the better option that route. Plus I'm not oil field anymore so I'm ballin on a budget now.

:roflmao: smartass !
I want to keep it plated for potential street time so c/o seems the better option that route. Plus I'm not oil field anymore so I'm ballin on a budget now.

Yeah working 100hrs has monetary benefits...The struts from talking to folks ride excellent on riad Roger has them on his TJ and says the ride on road is great and coilover plus coils run pretty close to strut price and do not offer the sway control or ease if tuning ...

I was at that meet and greet and a chick pointed out my shocks were not hooked up ...lol...of all the unfinished stuff it cracks me up that was the focal point ...my doors held closed with bungees ...belly skid sitting on trailer...no glass in windows...no seatbelts...hyrdo tie rods over r extended on thread ...ect ...lol...and the shocks were the focal point...Anywho when it is ready will haveto trailer it down your way .

XJ's are great but a Wrangler is so much easier to work with when going tons and big tires. I was really planning on another YJ until this basically free XJ fell into my lap.

XJ's are great but a Wrangler is so much easier to work with when going tons and big tires. I was really planning on another YJ until this basically free XJ fell into my lap.

A Wrangler will build much easier than an XJ and have lower COG ...lol...only way an xj is that low is to cut the roof off and it no longer looks like an xj the Wrangler still looks like a Wrangler .

Well the XJ actually has a lower roofline stock. My 92 XJ with 6.5"+ of lift on 37's was lower roof to food than my buddy's TJ with a 4.5" lift and 35's. But still, the full frame combined with a factory removable top makes a Wrangler way easier to build. The XJ's however are roomier and cheaper to start with. It's a toss up really. Pure buggy type build I'd do a Wrangler over an XJ. More "moderate" build and I'd prefer XJ or ZJ

Well the XJ actually has a lower roofline stock. My 92 XJ with 6.5"+ of lift on 37's was lower roof to food than my buddy's TJ with a 4.5" lift and 35's. But still, the full frame combined with a factory removable top makes a Wrangler way easier to build. The XJ's however are roomier and cheaper to start with. It's a toss up really. Pure buggy type build I'd do a Wrangler over an XJ. More "moderate" build and I'd prefer XJ or ZJ

Minus the hard top you have no roof just tube over your head...that is lighter than an xj roof plus tube...COG is also not measured at the roof .

Yeah, but having removed the roof from an XJ I can honestly say the hardtop on a YJ or TJ is heavier than the roof of an xj with all the pillars still attached.

All that aside it's just a lot easier to make a solid and well triangulated cage when you can take the roof off. And then if you want the roof you can just put it back on, without worrying about it leaking or rusting out.

Last edited:

Yeah, but having removed the roof from an XJ I can honestly say the hardtop on a YJ or TJ is heavier than the roof of an xj with all the pillars still attached.

All that aside it's just a lot easier to make a solid and well triangulated cage when you can take the roof off.

I don't doubt it we still have the hard top hoist in the garage to remove the TJ hardtop it never cones off now that it is snow plow only. ..but wrangler hardtop off is lighter and looks good...lol...xj with no roof only tube do not.

On a side note I always find it interesting when a sales person who sells jeep stuff all day long does not know some really basic stuff like that the very first year of the TJ it was set up like an XJ coil front leaf rear ...lol...had an expert swear up an down that never existed but yet our 97 was just that ...lol...comeback was "must had been modded"...my reply nope stock brand new off the lot in 97 ...lol...hence the reason I always use caution going by an experts word.

Back