• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Dutch, that is awesome! Did you sell you your enduro?

I sold the endure off months ago. All I have is this bike and the wife's Honda Shadow 750 Spirit. I just traded my Concours 14 Sport Tourer in on this one. The wife wants to try 2 up touring and I wanted the more stretched out bike for that. I've got a touring pack and some other parts on the way that were part of the deal when I bought it. The Victory rep even gave me a free hoodie, so that was cool. I was missing the Vulcan Vaquero I got rid of to get the Concours and started shopping for big V-Twin baggers again. I was looking hard at the HD and the Victory, and after test riding I went with the Victory. I got a pretty good deal on this one with them giving me a lot more for my trade than they should have, since it was paid off that means it all came off the bike. I'm hoping this is it for major bike purchases because I am getting tired of my own ADD. Eventually we'll upgrade the wife's bike and I do want to get an old Sportster for a café racer project I have been planning in my head for a while now.

im sure youve heard of roland sands before dutch, if not then you should look him up, he has done some really cool sportster cafe/tracker builds

I've checked them out, and Burly Brand as well. There are some good things out there for building what I want.

I saw a guy yesterday at the Hooter's next to Thunder Mountain HD that had a very awesome setup. He built his out of an '88 Sporty and bolted a 2002 R1 front end to it. He said the R1 forks bolted right into the neck of the sporty. He made his one rear frame hoop and seat along with fitting a large bubble fairing to it. I'm not sure what brand his rear controls were but that bike was awesome. It was a little rough and "in progress" looking (because it was) and that made it all the cooler. I wish I had taken a picture of it but I caught him as he was getting ready to leave. I stopped him for a chat but didn't want to hold him up too much.

Last edited:

Sounds awesome. Allballs has a chart/app on their website for doing front end conversions that tells you what bearing you need to put almost any front end into almost any frame...the only thing it doesn't take into account is the stem length vs headline length.

Awesome, I'll check it out. I'm thinking with my tax return I might start looking for a sporty. We'll see though, I've got a million things going on it seems.

Since this is the BS thread, I'm going to take a minute and brag about my kid racing motocross for the first time today. Solid middle of the pack and even recovered from a start line crash to come back and take two spots back.

Dutch, What about a buell XB12S or XB9S?

I actually like the Buel XB12Ss a lot, I would totally rock one. However I really want a café sporty. I'm not going after all out performance here, its about the look/style.

Tax return? What's a tax return?

That's that thing I get for having a house, a wife, a kid, and still claiming 0 on my W4 all year.

Since this is the BS thread, I'm going to take a minute and brag about my kid racing motocross for the first time today. Solid middle of the pack and even recovered from a start line crash to come back and take two spots back.

That's awesome Doug

Yep that's the one. Cool facility.

Fwiw. Century link = cows asshole as far as customer service

Back