• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

The Colorado BS thread

102e3bd293a22311d172965a8ac9bb20.jpg

Been one of those days, Is it Friday yet?!?!

Tire tread off a tractor/trailer in front of him. Just 3500 miles on the new truck, go figure! Off to the body shop.

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I hope he was wearing his poop pants, because I bet he pooped himself on that one.

Well she (My Daughter in Co-Springs, and HER jeep, LOL) had a no start today. Second time in a month. Battery was a little low, 12.4 Volts, 1 year old NAPA, but held 10.6 Volts while cranking (good crank speed) with a No spark (verified).

Her lowest AC volt meter range is 200V, but the digital display read 0.20 Volts on the CPS while cranking (disconnected). Reconnected it fired up, :) LOL, after many no starts last night and earlier today. So it must be a low signal Renix CPS issue.

I recently discovered a mod that I think words even better on the Renix CPS than the well known larger bolt holes. It has worked twice for me, including on a new CPS I drilled out that was still weak with the bigger holes early this year, LOL.

I took a BFH, a 3 ft steel bar/1/2 pipe and set it on the edge of the mounted CPS and rapped it a few times, pushing the sensor tip assy towards the back-rear of jeep just a little and the signal nearly doubled and stayed there!!!! This makes me think washers behind the sensor mount wings might do even more than the larger bolt holes trick.

Perhaps we have been moving the CPS down closer the flex plate when we should have been moving it side ways, to the rear, or both?

Any way I may need someone who knows where the Renix CPS is that can try this for her in Denver (She is a student at college there, I am in Texas) on Co-Springs where she lives, this week. For now just disconnecting it and reconnecting got her to school today. I hope she does not need a tow tonight from Denver to Springs. Ugh. I do not want here to try to replace the CPS. If I can drop the CPS bolt in the bell housing on my 3 third CPS/rig, I am not about to let anyone but a pro up there do it. For now the plan is 3 ft shaft :gag: and BFH :scared:LOL. Lets wish her luck!!! She did pull off changing here first Fan clutch not long ago and the radio swap long distance. Gotta love You tube!!! She even found the CPS connector today!!!! :cheers: Bright girl, but don't tell her I said that LOL

Well she (My Daughter in Co-Springs, and HER jeep, LOL) had a no start today. Second time in a month. Battery was a little low, 12.4 Volts, 1 year old NAPA, but held 10.6 Volts while cranking (good crank speed) with a No spark (verified).

Her lowest AC volt meter range is 200V, but the digital display read 0.20 Volts on the CPS while cranking (disconnected). Reconnected it fired up, :) LOL, after many no starts last night and earlier today. So it must be a low signal Renix CPS issue.

I recently discovered a mod that I think words even better on the Renix CPS than the well known larger bolt holes. It has worked twice for me, including on a new CPS I drilled out that was still weak with the bigger holes early this year, LOL.

I took a BFH, a 3 ft steel bar/1/2 pipe and set it on the edge of the mounted CPS and rapped it a few times, pushing the sensor tip assy towards the back-rear of jeep just a little and the signal nearly doubled and stayed there!!!! This makes me think washers behind the sensor mount wings might do even more than the larger bolt holes trick.

Perhaps we have been moving the CPS down closer the flex plate when we should have been moving it side ways, to the rear, or both?

Any way I may need someone who knows where the Renix CPS is that can try this for her in Denver (She is a student at college there, I am in Texas) on Co-Springs where she lives, this week. For now just disconnecting it and reconnecting got her to school today. I hope she does not need a tow tonight from Denver to Springs. Ugh. I do not want here to try to replace the CPS. If I can drop the CPS bolt in the bell housing on my 3 third CPS/rig, I am not about to let anyone but a pro up there do it. For now the plan is 3 ft shaft :gag: and BFH :scared:LOL. Lets wish her luck!!! She did pull off changing here first Fan clutch not long ago and the radio swap long distance. Gotta love You tube!!! She even found the CPS connector today!!!! :cheers: Bright girl, but don't tell her I said that LOL
What school in Denver?

Rocky Mountain School of Art and Design, BA.
Small world! That is about a 15 minute drive from me, and mere blocks from the nearest NAPA hub store.

Awesome, no doubt the jeep will die half way between there and her current home..., at 10 F in a snow drift, LOL.

I'll let her know who to call if she has an issue on campus, thanks, I am still in shock that it starts (if that cheap HF meter is correct and its only .020 VAC on the Renix CPS). BTW she just scored a gig as the official photographer for an Air Force Holiday gig up in that area.....

She says she is doing 160 miles round trip to school each day in that 89 Renix, 240,000 miles and counting. Those rigs are beasts!!! Mine is close to 300,000 now.

Small world! That is about a 15 minute drive from me, and mere blocks from the nearest NAPA hub store.

The Colorado BS thread

Anyone use an electric smoker?

And anyone want to share a good rub or bbq recipe for ribs?

Going to give some a shot on Friday, looking for tips and tricks. Otherwise I’m just going to go with what I find on the internet and hope for the best.

Here is my recipe for ribs.

1) Get in car
2) Drive to Chili's
3) Order ribs

:D

Going to give some a shot on Friday, looking for tips and tricks. Otherwise I’m just going to go with what I find on the internet and hope for the best.

I've got a Masterbuilt 30" Smoker.

I've really only done Chicken though, haven't ventured into beef or pork.

To be honest, I just googled for recipes. There's a forum (I can see if I can find it), for pretty much smoking. Lot's of recipes there.

Here's some:

https://smokingmeatforums.com/index.php

http://www.smokingpit.com/Info/forums.htm

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/

I have an electric smoker that gets used a few times a year. However I am NO expert, so take with a large grain of salt.

Pork is usually super forgiving, especially if it has a good fat layer.

- If you don't have a meat thermometer with a long probe wire get one.
- I like this rub: https://barbecuebible.com/recipe/raichlens-rub-2/ Anything with good quantities of salt, sugar, and paprika will be good, along with black pepper. The rest is tuning the flavor.
- I use a mix of oak, mesquite, and some hickory to smoke with. Only the first couple hours matter for smoke flavor, the remaining time is just cooking so I'll go to mostly oak for the last half.
- If the ribs are thinner put the temp lower. They can go from cooked to dried out really fast.
- I've never found it helpful to put anything in the drip pan except water. I tried a recipe that called for cola in the drip pan, and it just made caramelized mess.

I have an electric smoker that gets used a few times a year. However I am NO expert, so take with a large grain of salt.

Pork is usually super forgiving, especially if it has a good fat layer.

- If you don't have a meat thermometer with a long probe wire get one.
- I like this rub: https://barbecuebible.com/recipe/raichlens-rub-2/ Anything with good quantities of salt, sugar, and paprika will be good, along with black pepper. The rest is tuning the flavor.
- I use a mix of oak, mesquite, and some hickory to smoke with. Only the first couple hours matter for smoke flavor, the remaining time is just cooking so I'll go to mostly oak for the last half.
- If the ribs are thinner put the temp lower. They can go from cooked to dried out really fast.
- I've never found it helpful to put anything in the drip pan except water. I tried a recipe that called for cola in the drip pan, and it just made caramelized mess.

HAHA, thanks for the tips.

I've got a Masterbuilt 30" Smoker.

I've really only done Chicken though, haven't ventured into beef or pork.

To be honest, I just googled for recipes. There's a forum (I can see if I can find it), for pretty much smoking. Lot's of recipes there.

Here's some:

https://smokingmeatforums.com/index.php

http://www.smokingpit.com/Info/forums.htm

http://www.smoked-meat.com/forum/

That's the same smoker I ended up with also. Thanks for the links. I did a lot of reading yesterday and this morning.

Been back to work for about 3 weeks and pretty much got the cash saved for my struts ...but I need new tires on my Dodge the $1100 set of 1yr old 35 mud terrains are bald already ,so probably hold off another couple weeks b4 ordering the goods . I'M not sure I want another set of $1000+ tires that last 12k miles so I may look into sissy all seasons , but I said that last year .

Have a set of 37x12.5x17 KO2s that I’ve been trying to get rid of.
They are the best all terrain tire out there. I just put a set on my wife’s Jeep and am trying to get a set for my truck next.

Back