• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

hey! its OGS! how you feeling man?!

In '80, I purchased a '79 Mustand Turbo Ghia. At the time, one of my Wife's Uncle was a State Trooper and he used the very same car as a pursuit vehicle. Why? It was one of the fastest on the road. Faster than the same year Corvette by a huge margin...

He had me do two things to it straight away. One was to remove the Air Injection pump and the other was to adjust the waste gate for better boost. If memory serves, 10 pounds. Which is all I care to run without an intercooler. Again, if memory serves, the Ford produced either 5 or 6 pounds in the stock adjustment. Long time ago...

As far as Mustangs goes, this car was a land mark. First of the new generation ('79-'86) of performance Fords. The SOHC 2.3 is a solid engine with lifters being the only issue. They are prone to collapse if the oil is not kept clean. Good news is that they are easy to replace. Even though I like Fords, even I have to admit the Mustang II was a disaster. Bad brakes and lousy handling. Was ever so glad to see that generation die a horrible death.

As to my so called "health"... Well, let's just say that as soon as I am satisfied that I have resolved all the little niggly details with the 98, I can sell it and be done. I am in process of getting rid of the Trains (O-Gauge Steam engines...). All part of getting my Estate In Order. I paid for my funeral expenses a few weeks ago. Will be "buried" at sea by the Navy. My cremains are to be shipped to San Diego, put on board, taken out to sea and dropped over board. As I am a Vietnam Combat Veteran. I get the whole shooting match. Shooting match... 21 gun? OK, bad pun.

I would suggest to anyone that is married do a bit of Estate Planning. Get your affairs in order as you never know. A wheel from a 787 could fall from the sky and drop you on the spot. Your family will think it odd and a tad morbid now but, they will appreciate it after.

Do not leave them to the funeral industry. At best, a pack of vultures. I used All Veterans for the arrangements. One simple call after I am gone and everything happens without issues.

So, if there is interest from the NAXJA members in my Heep. they will get first shot at it. Fair Warning. I am raising money for the Estate. I will not give the thing away. No low ball offers bubs. Just attempting to provide for the family one last time.

A final note on boost. It is difficult to make boost here, regardless of the type of pump, due to the lack of air density. You simply can not compress what is not there. I get a solid 6 pounds will an occasional bump up to 7.5 pounds IF the barometric pressure gets high enough. If the Heep was at sea level, it would be making 8 to 9.5 pounds of boost. I do not believe that there is any way possible for the 210 compressor to make 12 pounds whilst feeding a 4 litre engine. The compressor does not have the capacity...

So, to get sea level boost performance up here, everything has to be up sized. I run a Sprintex S5-210 compressor. The S5-335 would be the better choice, Unfortunately, there really is not room under the hood for a clean installation as the brake booster is sort of in the way... What I am running is one of the 25 pre-production prototype kits that Sprintex sent to the States. Mostly to gauge the market. What they found was a group of people that, by and large, were more concerned doing things on the cheap rather than spending the bucks for performance. So, they went after the Wrangler crowd that has no issues with spending the bucks. After all, Sprintex has to keep the doors open.

Another thing that Sprintex has done is to drop Rick Rimmer. Good riddance to bad trash I say. His well deserved reputation was preventing Sprintex from expanding on their business model. For some time now, he has been out of it. Sprintex does have a new kit under development but, and it is a big but, it will not fit under the hood. The end user will have to open up the hood for clearance. I have advised them that this is a bad idea. Unless they use the 335 compressor with an intercooler and allow large boost. Then, it might sell.

I gave a lot of thought to super charging my wj,but glad I didn't as the transmission took a dump. as far as estate planning goes, I have decided to just not croak,i want to get old enough to be a burden to my son :D

O...
i have so been there. she passed in 2001,and what a mess it has left. for your journey, i hope it goes well as can be. it never is easy....

Patio? Who needs a patio?

Yeah. I may have issues......:looney:

IMG_20130601_175130_468_zpsfbcb81d5.jpg

I made some progress though........:thumbup:

IMG_20130601_181420_604_zps8aa02569.jpg

Last edited:

Oh-oh, I think the S4 just became my reliable and boring European vehicle. :firedevil

null_zps25846d80.jpg

Patio? Who needs a patio?

Yeah. I may have issues......:looney:

IMG_20130601_175130_468_zpsfbcb81d5.jpg

Man - you know I don't do divorce work....

You guys! Troy got lucky and married a keeper. :thumbup:

Good gawd, I hope I dont catch what you have troy.
I see the s10 is replaced, the cummins still around?

Oh-oh, I think the S4 just became my reliable and boring European vehicle. :firedevil

null_zps25846d80.jpg

Looks good, if you drive it fast enough, it should last you the rest of your life!

Make this one last a bit longer!

so i was having internet issues i think were caused by my ISP and my browser. tried DuckDuckGo now and downloaded a lot of apps tot stop google from tracking me and feeding me ads. it works, i have you tube going with no ads. i run a Linux Only laptop as well.....
i suggest trying DDG and DL'ing the apps for firefox to stop all tracking . it will make your internet experience better if no one is spying on you, and tracking your internet use.

Back