• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

haha not yet. customers xj. good prcatice for a car of some sort:looney:

Heh heh..... I was watching my recorded Barrett Jackson auction and got all twitter-patted over this gorgeous '70 Chevelle SS Convertible that rolled up on the block. They go to the Chassis Cam and I do a "WTF?". I rewind and sure enough....... :laugh:

2013-01-06_02-22-25_510.jpg

2013-01-06_02-23-35_877.jpg

Did the commentators say anything about that? That's hilarious.

Did the commentators say anything about that? That's hilarious.

Nope. I found that odd too since one of them was commenting on how correct the restoration was underneath so he had to be watching a monitor..... Or maybe he saw it but felt it inappropriate to laugh-up the observations during a $100k car's auction....:dunno:

Gonna surf google tonight and see if there are any forums with posts by anyone else who may have seen it.

Anyone know of a GOOD product to clean brake dust off of painted/clear coated wheels? Gawdamn these brake pads on the SRT8 are filthy ****ers. Washed the wheels today, but scrubbing wasn't getting the cooked on stuff off...... :mad:

From what ive read on those things, they supposedly eat through brakes.
I hand apply orange hand clean. tedious but always worked for me :dunno:

Yeah, it depends on how you drive it I'm sure, but most are lasting 12-15K miles with "spirited" driving.

The OEM brake pads from the dealership are outrageous ($600+ for the fronts.... :eek:)

But there are a couple aftermarket companies (Hawk Performance) that make racing brakes that have stepped up and offer a better, cleaner product for substantially less.

The rotors on the other hand........ ugh. Not looking forward to replacing those.

Last edited:

Simple green

That's what I used today...... no bueno. Soaked 'em in Simple Green for 15 minutes, then gave 'em a scrub. The heat must be cooking the dust. Gonna have to try to clean them more often I'm guessing.

I'm running Mintex Redbox pads on the S4, they've been on it for 4 years now. Pads are still decent but my rotors are thrashed. They can be noisy though, until you get them good and hot anyway. Very little dusting with these either. My next set will be Pagid pads, they're supposed to be a lot better for stopping w/o completely trashing the rotors like the Mintex ones have. More dusting though. It seems on these more performance type vehicles you can either get pads that eat rotors or pads that eat wheels.

I'll probably get flamed for this....... but I gotta blab about something I found to be pretty damn cool about the actress Stacey Dash.

So, yesterday I'm about to get ready for my graveyard shift and take a few minutes to chill on the couch next to my wife as she's watching a recorded tv show.... here's where I'm gonna get flamed.... :laugh:.... it was "Million Dollar Decorators"........ Yep, a bunch of gays getting paid millions to purdy up celebrity houses....... I'm not a fan, just sat down for a minute.... get over it....... LOL.

Anyway, this designer is taking Stacey Dash through her newly decorated home.... and I gotta say....... Stacey is pretty damn attractive, especially at 45 years old.......

They go to her master bedroom and she's going damn near orgasmic..... my wife's word actually.... and she throws herself onto the bed. This is where it gets pretty damn cool....... her short dress comes up and reveals a thigh holster and small semi-auto! YESSSSSS!!!!! Liberal Bravo TV just catered to us gun/constitution supporting conservatives!!!!

I had heard about the nasty controversy of her being black, but openly supporting the Romney/Ryan campaign, voting for Romney and being an advocate for the release of a former marine being detained in Mexico for possession of an antique shotgun. This just drove it home. Stacey Dash is a beautiful and cool woman. :thumbup:

Here's a youtube vid of the episode I saw....... forward to about 11:20 or so if you wanna avoid all the gay-ness....... :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a8YG3attUs

Last edited:
Back