• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Co-ed dorms=unhealthy behavior

i lived in co-ed dorms 3 years, and on campus apartments for 1. the on campus apartments were single bedrooms, 4 bedrooms per apt. apts were co ed though. it ain't bad. put it this way, my girlfriend (of now 2 years) lived in my dorm

University of Southern Maine allows rooms to be Co-ed. My buddy lived in a 4 person suite with 3 guys and one girl.

i think there are 3 colleges in the whole country that allow it
My school was actually working towards that for the on campus apartments (jr and sr housing). The apartments were either
-2 person studio style
-2 person with a seperate living room and bedroom
-4 person (2 bedrooms and living room)
-6 person (3 bedrooms, living room, and another small side room).

My Sr. year they were really pushing to be able to make the apartments co-ed. That would have been nice. It got REAL close to passing, but since I graduated I never checked back in. I don't think it ever went through for one reason or another, but that would have been an awesome setup.

I lived on campus for two years in coed dorms. We had sweets, two rooms shared one bathroom. Our motto was Wasted Wednesday, Thirsty Thursday, F!C!ed up Friday, Sh!t Faced Saturday, and Sober up Sunday. Moved off campus as soon as I could because I wanted to have a driveway to park my jeep in. Got sick of having to walk 15mins in snow storms just to go anywhere in my jeep.

We had co-ed dorms, no co-ed rooms (some apartments had multiple rooms, each room had to be single sex) though. Our "lab day" at WPI was Wednesdays, so Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays were party nights.

I lived on campus for two years in coed dorms. We had sweets, two rooms shared one bathroom. Our motto was Wasted Wednesday, Thirsty Thursday, F!C!ed up Friday, Sh!t Faced Saturday, and Sober up Sunday. Moved off campus as soon as I could because I wanted to have a driveway to park my jeep in. Got sick of having to walk 15mins in snow storms just to go anywhere in my jeep.
Shitfaced sunday, Messed up Mondays, Toasted Tuesday... Maybe that was just us. We had thirsty thursdays and parties on wednesday in high school... :shhh:

My son goes to UCSB, and lives in Santa Catalina, formerly known as F*ck Towers which was a nickname for Franciscan Towers, he says. They're co-ed, girls mostly on one side of the hall, guys on the other. You can have overnight guests of the opposite sex. They even have "Substance Free" (including alcohol) and "Substance Tolerant" floors. He got stuck on one of the "Free" floors; he doesn't really drink or smoke, but didn't want to be on a floor where he got preached at for what he was already not doing. And no, I don't think I'm a clueless mom... he's still a frighteningly good "kid". Must skip a generation or something.

But I figure he'll do what he's going to do, whether it's easily accessible or not. If he can't say "no thanks" to what's in front of him, he better move into solitary confinement, because stuff's all around all of us, and we have to learn to make choices. And hey, how many teens can say they go "one of California's top 'party schools,' and is rumored to have one of the highest per capita STD rates of any college on the West Coast."

Did he get a jumbo sized box of Trojans before he left, from his loving mother? You betcha!

I'm glad you learned how to spell when you were in college. :sure:

Did he get a jumbo sized box of Trojans before he left, from his loving mother? You betcha!

All I got were 2 cases of Top Ramen. LOL :D

No dorms for me. My wife (g/f at the time) rented a 3 bedroom house with a 2 car garage. 5 min from campus. We liked it.

My freshman dorm was also co-ed...however I wouldn't call it that. Being an engineering dorm, the guy to girl ratio was pathetic (something like 200ish guys to like 10 girls). It was also a dry dorm but that didn't stop us..we always found ways around that. Had a couple of friends who got drinking tickets that year...might have had something to do with the fact that when they got tanked they ran down the hall beating on people's doors and ran right up to the security guard who was making her hourly patrol through the building. The nice thing was our RC who was in charge of handling all the tickets (both drinking and other) for our building was cool as crap and found ways to make them go away if you ever got caught.

Party nights are Wednesday-Saturday night...and if there's no school on Monday for a holiday, Sunday night as well. I forget the names of most of the nights, but Wednesdays are known as Wasted Wednesdays and Thursdays are Thirsty Thursdays.

Wow.... they spent money only to figure out that there is excessive drinking and sex at colleges, and it increases if you bring it closer together? Who would have thought...

Im stoked cause I'm a freshman, but I live with my sister and brother in law, in a house just outside of campus. I go to the dorms all the time, so I'm not missing out. And when an entire dorm comes down with the H1 and 1, Im away from it. haha

Im stoked cause I'm a freshman, but I live with my sister and brother in law, in a house just outside of campus. I go to the dorms all the time, so I'm not missing out. And when an entire dorm comes down with the H1 and 1, Im away from it. haha

No kidding.... My roomate just got diagnosed with the ole' swine flu.
Crap.

Although I am pretty sure I already have it considering I have slept roughly 36 hours in the past 48. Yea, It isn't fun.

You'll be over it in a week or so... get some orange juice or hawaiian punch. Plan on thinking you're done with being sick after a few days, then suddenly getting a hell of a fever and feeling like utter crap for one more night. After that it's all uphill, buy some mucinex though.

Gnarly combination

49-hummer-h1.jpg

And1_ball.jpg

You'll be over it in a week or so... get some orange juice or hawaiian punch. Plan on thinking you're done with being sick after a few days, then suddenly getting a hell of a fever and feeling like utter crap for one more night. After that it's all uphill, buy some mucinex though.

Started feeling bad on sunday, had a fever about every night. That and being soooooo tired. Good lord I am exhausted. Slept for 13 hours last night.
It is a hell of a illness.

Good luck with that venture. While a spelling error might be as common in your life as a sick, drunk, college whore; the rest of us really have no problem spelling it right the first time, every time............;)
You shouldn't be so quick to judge people that you do not know.

Back