• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chinamans

YELLAHEEP said:
Cruise the GTO and bum a bitch-seat or haul the Heep and 'wheel?
What the hell kind of a question is that? Wheel, you ass.
flipa.gif
I'm trying to get things my way to get the Jeep there. And I have no business taking that kind of time off of school and work, to drag the XJ 377 miles for a day or so of fun.
You can take the new Goat out anytime you want, sounds like this is a great excuse to take out the XJ, since you can't drive it on the street.

YELLAHEEP said:
maybe I could bum with River and get him all psyched-out - I'll bring a roll of TP! :D
But then again, as a former newbie to CO wheelin' I could appreciate a Troy class wheeler riding in the passenger seat.

BTW, this is my first post from my garage.

DAryl

Last edited:
91 Jeep Project said:
Yep, I could see it now. "Just go for it you pussy"
Hey, Troy was nice to me the first time he spotted me up French Creek on Holy Cross. I think he was fed up with spotting on my second trip up.

DAryl

JEONLYEP said:
Hey, Troy was nice to me the first time he spotted me up French Creek on Holy Cross. I think he was fed up with spotting on my second trip up.

DAryl

Huh????? What makes you say that?

YELLAHEEP said:
Huh????? What makes you say that?
The rain, and the number of Jeeps going up that time, you just looked like 'is it over yet.' It was a long day, and you did more than your part as usual.

Thanks, BTW.

DAryl

JEONLYEP said:
The rain, and the number of Jeeps going up that time, you just looked like 'is it over yet.' It was a long day, and you did more than your part as usual.

Thanks, BTW.

DAryl

LOL - yeah I kinda forgot about the rain part, that was kinda miserable - but spotting wasn't the issue, just the rain, cold and slippery surfaces. But the campfire later and the "blue bag" incident definitely cheered things up! :D

YELLAHEEP said:
The "blue bag" incident

:shocked:

Hehehehehehehehehehe............

Had slipped my mind, Damn that was funny. If I had known how bad it was I'd have stalled. Just to see how long it would have taken him to just grab and rip the bag and seat out of my hands.... :D

Not to mention Deogie's little hide in the dark routine she played....

DAryl

Last edited:
JEONLYEP said:
:shocked:

Hehehehehehehehehehe............

Had slipped my mind, Damn that was funny. If I had known how bad it was I'd have stalled. Just to see how long it would have taken him to just grab and rip the bag and seat out of my hands.... :D

Not to mention Deogie's little hide in the dark routine she played....
DAryl

LOL! Yeah I can still hear it....... (Bob Loose screaming like a girl) "Holy Jeezus Muther of God! What the f... is that!... Oh, hi Deogie."

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I gotta check on the weather. I'll fish through a blizzard and driving rain or freezing temps but I'm wondering if my virgin wheeling trip shouldn't be on a chamber of commerce day?

If you want to travel up from the Springs together lets leaving McDonalds in Woodland Park at 7:30. That should put us at the trail head by 9:00.

That would work. I'd probably wait just outside of town until you all come by.

Somone want to give me a time estimate? I am at lincoln and I-25/C-470 and Yosemite, I figured taking 285 the whole way would be my best bet. I've never driven straight there from here. My old man did it the other day, said it took him 2.5 hours. I figure going up the mountain with 33s and 3.55's its gonna take me longer than that. When should I be leaving here? I'm thinking 6 am

Last edited:
91 Jeep Project said:
Somone want to five me a time estimate? I am at lincoln and I-25, I figured taking 285 the whole way would be my best bet. I've never driven straight there from here. My old man did it the other day, said it took him 2.5 hours. I figure going up the mountain with 33s and 3.55's its gonna take me longer then that. When should I be leaving here?

Well from Conifer it takes about 1 3/4hrs at jeep speed, and that usually is controlled by the other traffic on the road, there's not many places to pass.

takes me about 2 to 2.5 hours, usually with a p stop in fairplay. I'll be leaving denver about 6:30. If I hit C470 by 6:45, i'll hit the trail head right on time.

tonesxj said:
That's about right DJ, It isn't a bad drive on the Jeep. We are leaving after work today, see you all up there rain or shine!!
Tony

Rain or shine is right. I haven't been feeling well this week. I'm gonna have to load up on Imodium AD saturday morning. If I'm lucky I won't have to shit all day. We don't need another blue bag incident. But if you see me sprinting off into the trees, don't follow...........:D

91 Jeep Project said:
Gear ratio and tires? This matters cause my ass is gonna be crawlin' up the mountain.

I had 33's and 3.55's all last summer. It wasn't too bad on 285, just that first climb out of Denver. Maybe 3 hrs~ 4 with a gas station, Imodium related rest stop;)

tonesxj said:
I had 33's and 3.55's all last summer. It wasn't too bad on 285, just that first climb out of Denver. Maybe 3 hrs~ 4 with a gas station, Imodium related rest stop;)

My Imodium related stops aren't usually gas station friendly. Its more like veering across 3 lanes to get to the side of the road.................:passgas:

Back